Manager- Core Accounting Operations
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The Manager of Accounting Operations is responsible for the management of premium collection and disbursement general accounting and internal reporting activities within AIG's Core Life Operations Division. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with risk management and business continuity processes for all Core Life Accounting needs.
- Work with internal and external auditors as necessary
- Represent AIG Core Life Operations in all policyholder disbursement projects
- Serve as disbursement, remittance, and general accounting subject matter expert for all policy administration system changes needed to support new product releases
- Work with Policy Administration Support Team to identify, report and test defects related to remittance and disbursements
- Develop controls and process improvement procedures to facilitate consistency and standardization across accounting operations for all Core Life Accounting needs.
- Install standardized, efficient processes that reduce cost, improve controls and maintain or improve business unit results across all locations
- Oversee reconciliations of remittance clearing and bank depository accounts and ensure no items remain outstanding past Corporate standards. Coordinate all banking needs with Corporate Treasury
- Ensure all policy disbursements are generated without error - oversee daily disbursement balancing procedures including, but not limited to:
- Balance disbursements generated back to policy admin systems
- Balance disbursement issue files transmitted to bank back to disbursement system
- Balance checks printed back to disbursement system
Candidate will need to operate in an extremely fast-paced accounting environment with a great deal of ongoing change. This person will have individual responsibility for special strategic projects as well as overall responsibility for managing accounting staff and resolving problems on an ad-hoc basis
Education / Background Requirements
- Four-Year degree in Accounting/Finance degree with extensive experience working in the Life Insurance industry
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) certifications strongly preferred
- Ability to navigate within a complex organizational structure and interact with people at all levels to locate information and solve problems
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.