SM - Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
We invite you to consider putting your talents to work. With AIG Direct, you can work with one of the global leaders in insurance to help protect our nation's families with reliable and affordable life insurance. Insurance through AIG Direct is a solid foundation consumers may build on to help protect their hopes and dreams while helping to provide for their family's financial future.
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Plans, coordinates, and conducts training programs for the sales department personally or through coordinated efforts with the sales management team. Teaches proper sales procedures & use of script through classroom role-plays of both Inbound and Outbound calls. Successfully delivers licensed SR's/AE's to the sales management team.
SCOPE OF POSITION
This is an exempt position reporting to the Senior Sales Manager. New agents may be direct reports, assigned as a “team” throughout the training process. Supports a wide variety of tasks and functions.
- Teaches agents how to sell life insurance and accidental death/living benefit policies.
- Demonstrates sales and multi-tasking skills through classroom role-plays.
- Trains agents on all systems, procedures, software, etc. used at AIG Direct.
- Responsible for establishing habits of behavior so that trainees have better than average results in conversion, appclosed rates, and In-Force ratio.
- Conducts ongoing assessments to determine training needs and evaluate trainee's progress.
- Endorse or hold back trainees/agents to their respective positions.
- Maintains training programs, training schedules and new hire training manual.
- Selects appropriate instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role-play, computer based training, and workshops.
- Develops and organizes training materials. Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, written procedures, reference charts, etc.
- Training responsibilities are primarily in the following areas; sales techniques, customer service techniques, telephone, dialer, quote engine, sales portal, client manager and other software
- Responsible for Supervisory and HR issues relating to new agents.
Maintains records and prepares reports to evaluate progress of trainees
Monitors new hire audits upon completion of training.
Responsible for keeping scripts, procedures, product information, etc., updated.
Other duties as assigned from time to time.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Excellent Communication and Presentation/Facilitation Skills
- Strong Organizational and Interpersonal Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Proven Sales Ability
- Ability to develop and write curriculum
- 3-5 Years Training Experience
- 2-5 Years Life Insurance Sales Experience
- 2-5 Years Customer Service Experience
Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration. In your cover letter, it must include your ability to perform the duties and addressing why you would be the ideal candidate for this position.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.