Wildfire Mitigation Specialist
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): More than 50%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Your Future Team
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world's leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG Global Loss Prevention department. Our specialized functions are delivering on AIG's promise to our customers, our clients, our shareholders, and each other. Thanks to our global network of highly-skilled professionals, we can mobilize experts from around the world to provide reliable, responsive service wherever and whenever our clients need it.
AIG Private Client Group provides innovative insurance products and risk management services designed to enhance protection and minimize threats to the personal wealth of high net worth individuals.
Through our relationships with other AIG companies, we also offer products for more specific needs: private aviation insurance; workers' compensation for domestic staff; insurance programs for family offices; and kidnap/ransom and extortion insurance. Complementing our products is an array of risk management services including homeowners, excess liability, private collections, automobile, yacht and excess flood.
AIG Private Client Group currently has an opening for a fulltime/permanent Wildfire Mitigation Specialist (WMS) position within our Wildfire Protection Unit.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform year round onsite consultations on policyholders' homes in wildfire hazard areas in and around the Murrieta, CA area
- Determine if pre-treatment is necessary and complete brush assessment forms
- Identify wildfire hazards, educate and motivate policyholders to mitigate their homes.
- Respond to policyholders' homes if threatened by wildfire.
- Prepare homes by removing combustibles around structures, applying fire retardant and/or foam to protect structures from oncoming wildfire.
- Must be willing to take target trips to perform consultations and/or respond to emergencies outside the Murrieta, CA area
What we are looking for
- NWCG S-110, S-130, S-190, S-212, ICS 100/200 qualifications and Certificate of Completion of a Cal Fire Wildland Fire Academy (or equivalent)
- 3 years of wildland firefighting experience
- Clean DMV record and pass extensive background screening
- Must reside within 30 minutes or closer to Murrieta, CA
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- CA State Fire Marshal Firefighter I
- S-215 Fire Operations in the Wildland/Urban Interface
- NWCG ENGB qualification or state equivalent
Note: Equivalent certifications will be evaluated on a case by case basis
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.