Annuity Processing Coordinator
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world, has career opportunities in the Life & Retirement Business. With over 900 employees and growing, AIG is one of the top employers in Amarillo. If you are looking for a career opportunity where you can learn a business that helps customers secure their financial future then we look forward to hearing from you!
As an Annuity Processing coordinator, you will be responsible for providing personalized and professional service to participants of Structured Settlements. You'll do this by responding inquiries by annuitants. These inquiries my come in via mail, fax, or telephone and may require direct interaction with the annuitant / client and may require follow-up to missing information, guiding participants through the benefit commencement process, issuing policies, etc. You will work with a substantial degree of independence, and need to exhibit good judgment and a thorough understanding of Structured Settlement procedures and philosophies.
We provide you with the training and opportunity for development along with a pay for performance culture to earn additional recognition and bonuses.
This is an opportunity to start and grow your career and make an immediate impact in a financial industry that provides its customers with financial security! Get your foot in the door within a growing division at AIG where the right candidates can accelerate and continue to grow.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
- Respond positively to participant written correspondence, and or e-mail inquiries providing a high level of service and quality that exceeds customer expectation.
- Provide necessary and appropriate assistance in completion of paperwork supporting benefit commencement, both phone and mail.
- Process other participant change requests (address, EFT's, etc.) within the department standards.
- Review and process legal documents such as, Guardianships, Conservators, Trusts, Power of Attorneys, etc.
- Maintaining benefits to insure payments are going to the annuitants correctly
- Issuing Structured Settlement policies or Reinsurance Agreements
- Coordinate duties and tasks by effective prioritization of responsibilities and time management.
- Challenge workflows & procedures and assist in making enhancement recommendations in support of \"Exceptional Service\".
What we are looking for
- 3-5 year's of insurance experience preferably with immediate or deferred annuity products.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong Customer and Team Orientation.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask and handle high work volume with tight deadlines
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Microsoft Windows.
- Some College Preferred but not mandatory.
What our employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Generous Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: FSA, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Dollar for dollar matching up to 6% with immediate vesting plus an additional 3% from AIG.
- Company opportunities for charitable participation and giving
AIG is one of the world's largest insurance organizations providing protection and financial solution, with a history dating back to 1919. Over 56,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions around the globe. The Life and Retirement business provides Americans with protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.