Pivotal Platform Operator
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Location: Fort Worth, TX or Farmington, CT, Charlotte, NC or Houston, TX
Your future team
Our technology teams collaborate with their worldwide colleagues and partners every day to take on the challenges of providing IT support to one of the world's leading financial services firm. We're people who believe that with the right values and hard work, anything is possible. We know that if we're at our best, that enables our customers to be their best and realize their dreams and hoped for successes.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
Platform operators will work in in the Life & Retirement division of AIG and operate the day-to-day tasks of running the Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform as a managed service on Amazon. They work to ensure the PWS platform is operational on a daily basis. This includes upgrading the platform, software runtime versions and deploying buildpacks in accordance to the security policy in place at the customer. Platform Operators are really good system administrators. You should leverage your deep technical skills and cutting edge technology experience to enable PCF and our PaaS to run meaningful production mission critical application workloads across the L&R division.
What we are looking for
- Team oriented
- Love digging into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- Are a great written and verbal communicator
- Willing to “think out loud” and work closely with partners and teams
- Enjoy automating tasks to simplify and streamline processes
Recommended Technical Skill Sets
- Several years of software development experience helpful (Any language)
- Experience with distributed systems and web architectures
- Experience using configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Terraform, etc
- A clear understanding of container technologies such as Kubernetes and the tools &
challenges around them
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Expertise in Linux/Unix family. Extremely comfortable on the CLI
- Experience with Platform as a Service (PaaS) such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic
- Beanstalk or similar
What our IT Employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Company opportunities for charitable participation and giving
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts & Insurance Coverage
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.