Managing Director - General Insurance Technology, Internal Audit
IA - Internal Audit
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Our world-class team is seeking individuals who would like to be a part of the foundation for building out an innovative audit team at AIG's new Charlotte office!
AIG's Internal Audit Group (IAG) provides independent and objective assurance, advice, and insight guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of AIG. IAG assists AIG in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of AIG's control environment including risk management, operational, financial, internal control, and governance processes.
As a Managing Director you will lead IAG's General Insurance Information Technology audit team in the Charlotte office. You will collaborate with the General Insurance and Information Technology stakeholders, IAG and other assurance teams to:
- Lead the full audit lifecycle for a portfolio of audits to ensure that audit projects and stakeholders focus on key risks and controls in the applications and supporting infrastructure of the commercial and property casualty functions, processes, and products
- Partner effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, many at the executive level, to ensure General Insurance audit projects and stakeholders focus on key IT risks and controls
- Become a trusted advisor to the General Insurance and Information Technology stakeholders, educating them on the IAG process, and working to improve the overall audit experience
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness and value of IAG by recommending and developing innovative approaches and solutions (e.g. the use of data analytics, automation, and Agile audit methodology)
IAG is seeking a highly engaged and experienced audit professional, or someone with equivalent industry experience, with strong technical and interpersonal competencies and people management skills to contribute to IAG's mission of being an industry leading internal audit team and key contributor to the achievement of the firm's strategic goals. We are looking for candidates that are proactive, continuously learn and introduce improved ways of doing things, both to business stakeholders in development of solutions to problems, IAG processes, including the use of data analytics.
The ideal candidates will be bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial bent, and will possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical & financial acumen) and emotional intelligence [EQ] (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility). IAG also looks for diverse backgrounds of experience, culture and thought. Successful candidates typically have a global perspective and a record of successful teamwork. You will be part of a large and diverse firm working within a team-oriented environment. You will gain a unique view of AIG, as part of planning and executing on all aspects of the audit process and risk assessment activities and will build close working relationships with business and functional leaders, colleagues across other assurance functions, and fellow team members.
- Coordinate globally, influence, and manage the execution of the General Insurance Information Technology audit plan which includes risk and control evaluation, testing, audit report issuance, workpaper review, and follow-up and verification of issues closure, in accordance with IAG's Global Audit Methodology and professional standards
- Stay abreast of internal and external changes in commercial, property casualty and technology risk environments while leading and directing a team of highly experienced and qualified professional auditors
- Accountable for meeting audit plan deliverables in an effective and timely manner
- Effectively deliver difficult messages to stakeholders and serve as escalation point with stakeholders throughout the audit lifecycle
- Interact with regulators for regulatory examinations, status updates and other queries, as needed
- Provide guidance and direction for audit staff in developing knowledge of business processes and audit methodology, and enthusiastically facilitate knowledge exchange/transfer in an effort to further the development of the wider IAG team
- Contribute to AIG's talent pipeline by developing roles, assignments, bench strength and successors at all levels
- Some travel may be required
- 10+ years of relevant experience and an in-depth understanding of commercial property casualty and/or technology, plus a strong auditing background
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree, Information Technology or Computer Science degrees preferred
- CISA certification is expected or must be obtained within the first 12 months of hire date; other certified professional designations (CRISC, CISM, CISSP, CIA) are a plus
- Detailed knowledge of or experience with auditing applications and Infrastructure, general IT controls, and security spanning data networks, firewalls and the various operating systems, databases and middleware
- Knowledge of or experience with application and infrastructure auditing operating systems (e.g., Windows, AIX/Linux, Mainframe) and database (e.g., Oracle, SQL, DB2) technologies as well as key ITIL processes. Programming knowledge is a plus
- Experience in and knowledge of commercial and property casualty insurance, including distribution, underwriting, reinsurance, claims, reserving, and insurance operations processes preferred
- Advanced knowledge of applicable industry laws and regulations
- Ability to articulate Technology risk to business impact
- Solid leadership track record, with experience in managing large teams across multiple geographies with direct and matrix relationships is expected
- Strong relationship management skills, collaborative, and results oriented
- Demonstrated seasoned judgment, analytically disciplined, confident, and highly effective in terms of interpersonal style
- Ability to confront, address and navigate difficult situations in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Ability to persuasively articulate ideas in business terms in both oral and written form, and entrepreneurial perspective
- Strategic thinker who possesses and promotes a culture of intellectual curiosity
- Experience working in the financial services/insurance industries a plus
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.