Life Internal Wholesaler Team Lead
SC - Sales Commission
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- A Team Leader's purpose is to partner with an External Wholesaler and act as a business development sales resource of American General's products to BGAs, Insurance Specialists and Advisors while also providing coaching, supervision and mentoring to Internal Wholesalers.
- Proactively manage and organize a high outbound calling process to BGA's and Financial Advisors to increase sales in the channel. This position develops new relationships as well as maintains and grows existing business relationships while maximizing territory performance.
- Distributes marketing ideas and presentations based on distribution profiles and marketing strategies. Assists with development and execution of special marketing campaigns and special project assignments.
- Provide periodic onsite support to External Wholesalers through attendance of face to face Advisor sales meetings, Due Diligence meetings, and sales seminars. Offsite travel is a requirement to meet the above obligations as well as conducting sales meetings to educate financial representatives.
- Actively lead and participate in the training and development of the staff. Conduct side by side and group training sessions to Internal Wholesalers on sales skills, products, competitor information and company processes and procedures.
- Plan, develop and implement territory business plan. Review and update with wholesaling partner on a monthly basis to remain organized and effective.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree from four - year college or university.
- 3-5 years' experience
- FINRA 6 & 63 as well as Life and Health State License required.
- LOMA, FLMI, CLU or other designation preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.