Audit Director, Investments
IA - Internal Audit
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Our world-class team is seeking individuals who would like to be a part of the foundation for building out an innovative audit team at AIG's new Charlotte office!
AIG's Internal Audit Group (IAG) provides independent and objective assurance, advice, and insight guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of AIG. IAG assists AIG in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of AIG's control environment including risk management, operational, financial, internal control, and governance processes.
As an Audit Director you will be part of IAG's Investments audit team in the Charlotte office. You will collaborate with the Investments stakeholders, IAG and other assurance teams to:
- Lead the development of a portfolio of Investments audits to ensure that audit projects and stakeholders focus on key risks and controls
- Partner with the business to identify and analyze the inherent risks in AIG's investments and capital markets trading products and the controls that management has implemented to mitigate their risks
- Educate stakeholders on the IAG process and work to improve the overall audit experience
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness and value of IAG by recommending and developing innovative approaches and solutions (e.g. the use of data analytics, automation, and Agile audit methodology)
IAG is seeking a highly engaged and experienced audit professional, or someone with equivalent industry experience, with strong technical and interpersonal competencies and people management skills to contribute to IAG's mission of being an industry leading internal audit team and key contributor to the achievement of the firm's strategic goals. We are looking for candidates that are proactive, continuously learn and introduce improved ways of doing things, both to business stakeholders in development of solutions to problems, IAG processes, including the use of data analytics.
The ideal candidates will be bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial bent, and will possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical & financial acumen) and emotional intelligence [EQ] (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility). IAG also looks for diverse backgrounds of experience, culture and thought. Successful candidates typically have a global perspective and a record of successful teamwork. You will be part of a large and diverse firm working within a team-oriented environment. You will gain a unique view of AIG, as part of planning and executing on all aspects of the audit process and risk assessment activities and will build close working relationships with business and functional leaders, colleagues across other assurance functions, and fellow team members.
- Assist IAG senior management in the development and execution of a risk based audit plan and lead the full audit lifecycle (planning, testing of controls, and issue verification) for audit engagements covering the Investments department
- Effectively manage a team of audit professionals and execute, within a global team environment, all aspects of audit activities in accordance with IAG's Global Audit Methodology and professional standards ensuring audit projects are delivered on time and staff is utilized efficiently
- Coordinate globally, influence and manage the execution of the audit plan which includes risk and control evaluation, testing, audit report issuance, workpaper review, and follow-up and verification of issue closure
- Clearly and concisely communicate audit results or other key messages to a variety of constituents, including senior business and audit management, and regulators, and advise on emerging industry or regulatory topics/issues that may impact audit coverage
- Continuously update the business risk and control environment assessments, including key risks and controls, through periodic client meetings, ad-hoc walk throughs, monitoring key business metrics and data analytics
- Provide guidance and direction for audit staff to develop business and audit knowledge, And set clear expectations to auditors, provide timely and constructive feedback, encourage their career advancement, and set the tone by enthusiastically facilitating knowledge exchange/transfer
- Interact with regulators for regulatory examinations, status updates and other queries, as needed
- Some travel may be required
- 7-12 years of relevant experience in and/or knowledge of investments and capital markets trading products including derivatives, structured products, foreign exchange, and commodities or audit experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree
- A certified professional designation (e.g. CIA, CPA, CISA, CRISC, CISSP) is expected or must be obtained within the first 12 months of hire date
- Knowledge of or experience with front-office trading, trade settlement, collateral management functions, accounting for investments and derivatives products related to fair value, and hedge accounting (FAS 133 and 157)
- Familiarity with applicable industry laws and regulations, including the Investment Advisors Act and financial markets regulations, including Dodd-Frank Act
- Supervisory / managerial experience, with strong people management skills to coach, motivate and lead a team of senior professionals
- Ability to develop successful coalitions within IAG and stakeholders by actively seeking the perspectives of others, focused listening, and sharing information and ideas
- Think independently and critically while pinpointing key risk areas based on expert knowledge, and articulate thoughts effectively to diverse audiences
- Thoughtful and decisive behavior in dealing with challenging situations
- Strong communication (oral and written), presentation, and project management skills
- Strategic thinker who possesses and promotes a culture of intellectual curiosity
- Experience with auditing leveraging the use of data analysis tools is a plus (e.g. MS Excel tools, Access, ACL, IDEA, Qlikview, Tableau etc.)
- Experience working in the financial services/insurance industries a plus
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.