Director - Corporate Function IT, Internal Audit
IA - Internal Audit
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Our world-class team is seeking individuals who would like to be a part of the foundation for building out an innovative audit team at AIG's new Charlotte office!
AIG's Internal Audit Group (IAG) provides independent and objective assurance, advice, and insight guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of AIG. IAG assists AIG in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of AIG's control environment including risk management, operational, financial, internal control, and governance processes.
As a Director you will be part of IAG's Corporate Function Information Technology audit team in the Charlotte office. You will collaborate with Information Technology, Enterprise Risk Management, Finance, Human Resources Legal and Compliance stakeholders, IAG and other assurance teams to:
- Lead the development of a portfolio of Corporate Function technology audits to ensure that audit projects and stakeholders focus on key IT risks and controls which includes coordinating technology coverage during audits of the business
- Partner with the business to identify and analyze the inherent risks in AIG's applications, and supporting infrastructure in the communications, finance, human resources, legal, compliance, enterprise risk management, and investments functions, processes and products and the controls that management has implemented to mitigate their risks
- Educate stakeholders on the IAG process and work to improve the overall audit experience
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness and value of IAG by recommending and developing innovative approaches and solutions (e.g. the use of data analytics, automation, and Agile audit methodology)
IAG is seeking a highly engaged and experienced audit professional, or someone with equivalent industry experience, with strong technical and interpersonal competencies and people management skills to contribute to IAG's mission of being an industry leading internal audit team and key contributor to the achievement of the firm's strategic goals. We are looking for candidates that are proactive, continuously learn and introduce improved ways of doing things, both to business stakeholders in development of solutions to problems, IAG processes, including the use of data analytics.
The ideal candidates will be bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial bent, and will possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical & financial acumen) and emotional intelligence [EQ] (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility). IAG also looks for diverse backgrounds of experience, culture and thought. Successful candidates typically have a global perspective and a record of successful teamwork. You will be part of a large and diverse firm working within a team-oriented environment. You will gain a unique view of AIG, as part of planning and executing on all aspects of the audit process and risk assessment activities and will build close working relationships with business and functional leaders, colleagues across other assurance functions, and fellow team members.
- Assist IAG senior management in the development and execution of a risk based audit plan and lead the full audit lifecycle (planning, testing of controls, and issue verification) for audit engagements covering applications, and supporting infrastructure in the communications, finance, human resources, legal, compliance, enterprise risk management, and investments functions, processes and products
- Manage a team of audit professionals and execute, within a global team environment, all aspects of audit activities in accordance with IAG's Global Audit Methodology and professional standards
- Coordinate globally, influence and manage the execution of the Corporate Function Information Technology audit plan which includes risk and control evaluation, testing, audit report issuance, workpaper review, and follow-up and verification of issue closure
- Clearly and concisely communicate audit results or other key messages to a variety of constituents, including senior business and audit management, and regulators, and advise on emerging industry or regulatory topics/issues that may impact audit coverage
- Continuously update the Corporate Function Information Technology business risk and control environment assessments, including key risks and controls, through periodic client meetings, ad-hoc walk throughs, and data analytics
- Interact with regulators for regulatory examinations, status updates and other queries, as needed
- Provide guidance and direction for audit staff to develop business and audit knowledge, set clear expectations, provide timely and constructive feedback, encourage their career advancement, and set the tone by enthusiastically facilitating knowledge exchange/transfer
- Some travel may be required
- 7-12 years of experience in application and infrastructure auditing operating systems (e.g., Windows, AIX/Linux, Mainframe) and database (e.g., Oracle, SQL, DB2) technologies as well as key ITIL processes. Programming knowledge is a plus
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree, Information Technology or Computer Science degrees preferred
- CISA certification is required, and CRISC, CISM, CISSP or other certifications are a plus
- Detailed knowledge of auditing applications and Infrastructure, general IT controls, and security spanning data networks, firewalls and the various operating systems, databases and middleware
- Experience in and knowledge of communications, finance, human resources, legal, compliance, enterprise risk management, and/or investments functions processes preferred
- Familiarity with applicable industry laws and regulations
- Ability to articulate Technology risk to business impact
- Supervisory / managerial experience, with strong people management skills to coach, motivate and lead a team of senior professionals
- Ability to develop successful coalitions within IAG and stakeholders by actively seeking the perspectives of others, focused listening, and sharing information and ideas
- Think independently and critically while pinpointing key risk areas based on expert knowledge, and articulates thoughts effectively to diverse audiences
- Thoughtful and decisive behavior in dealing with challenging situations
- Strong communication (oral and written), presentation, and project management skills
- Strategic thinker who possesses and promotes a culture of intellectual curiosity
- Experience with auditing leveraging the use of data analysis tools is a plus (e.g. MS Excel tools, Access, ACL, IDEA, Qlikview, Tableau etc.)
- Experience working in the financial services/insurance industries a plus
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.