FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
As a Project Manager in the Legacy Finance group, you will lead and manage project initiatives providing detailed analysis and support in resolution of complex problems or transactions. Using your exceptional communications, planning, and logistics management skills you work closely with the finance and business teams in New York, Nashville, Atlanta, Bermuda and Houston.
The Project Manager reports directly to Legacy Senior Project Manager and Implementation Lead.
- Efficiently synthesize project information and accurately establish project scope.
- Prepare meeting materials, including reports, presentations, agendas and meeting summaries/minutes.
- Disseminate project information to stakeholders.
- Set project costs and productivity benchmarks / successfully manage and control budgets.
- Develop good working relationships with stakeholders at all levels to build consensus.
- Effectively lead and coordinate project teams. Identify and escalate critical issues in a time-sensitive environment.
- Bachelors' Degree or Equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of experience; finance background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organizational/multi-tasking/prioritization skills are required
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Able to work independently and take initiative in a faced-paced, demanding environment
- Create meaningful presentations; dashboards
- Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers and management, often spinning multiple plates at once.
- Math and Budgeting: Project managers are expected to keep and maintain a budget in almost every field. You will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure you know where your company's money is going.
- Analytical Skills: You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
Other Important Insights
The person must have a high level of attention to detail, immediate responsiveness to change and maintain discretion and professional demeanor. They should have demonstrated initiative and drive and excellent communication skills. The work environment will typically be fast paced and demanding. The person must have technical proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint with a demonstrated capacity to learn and operate new software. The person must have experience working in a large corporation, with senior executives and their staffs.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.