AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
AIG has an opportunity available for an Actuarial Associate to join the Life & Retirement Reinsurance team in the Houston, TX office. Reporting to the Associate Director & Actuary, the Assistant Actuary will drive financial reporting, analysis, and ad hoc projects.
- Assist with the periodic GAAP, Statutory, and Tax valuation for AIG's ceded business. Work closely with the team in India to ensure team deliverables are met on a timely basis.
- Assist in the preparation of analytics and analysis of financial results
- Make ongoing process improvements to spreadsheets, databases and SAS code and the workflow between them
- Coding and testing updates and new treaty inputs to the Reinsurance administrative system
- Assist in responding to internal and external auditor requests
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- Passed at least 3 Actuarial exams and a minimum of 2 years of applicable experience.
- Excellent mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Mathematical actuarial knowledge, computer and actuarial software skills, analytical problem solving and a basic business sense of financial, accounting and economics aspects of business.
- Excellent communication skills.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.