Customer Service Team Manager
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American International Group, Inc.
Your future team
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world's leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG Claims department. Claims at AIG are a combination of different functions, business divisions such as Life & Retirement and General Insurance, and Global Claims, which makes us unique at AIG. Our specialized functions are delivering on AIG's promise to our customers, our clients, our shareholders, and each other. Thanks to our global network of highly-skilled professionals, we can mobilize experts from around the world to provide reliable, responsive claims service wherever and whenever our clients need it.
AIG in Jeffersonville, Indiana is currently seeking a Team Manager to support our call center operations. The Team Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a call center team focused on handling customer service inquiries and extended warranty support. The Team Manager will focus on operational excellence; managing the performance of their assigned team, and ensuring service level goals are consistently met.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of call center team (est. 15 FTE)
- Provides direction, guidance, and professional development to direct reports.
- Plans, directs, supervises and evaluates work flow.
- Coordinates work activities to achieve the expected operational goals.
- Recognizes and recommends operational improvements.
- Responsible for the day-to-day application of AIG policy and procedures.
- Serves as an escalation point of contact for issue resolution, disaster recovery, and day-to-day issues that put customer/client experience at risk.
What we are looking for
- High School diploma requires, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Leadership/ Management role.
- Strong focus and demonstrated commitment to team recognition and development
- Experience leading people through significant operational and personal change
- Demonstrates leadership skills to manage and drive solutions; must be able to deliver sustainable results
- Ability to self-start, work independently
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills, skilled at relationship building
- Proven ability to drive results though accountability
- Proficiency with MS Office software, including Access, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.