Sr. Database Administrator - L&R Horizontal DBA
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American International Group, Inc.
Sr. Database Administrator
Your future team
Our technology teams collaborate with their worldwide colleagues and partners every day to take on the challenges of providing IT support to one of the world's leading financial services firm. We're people who believe that with the right values and hard work, anything is possible. We know that if we're at our best, that enables our customers to be their best and realize their dreams and hoped for successes.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
This position is responsible for administration of enterprise database systems and to assure that application databases perform optimally according to the service level objectives, verifying the integrity and availability of all system resources. This role performs database installation, configuration, migration, upgrade, monitoring, query tuning, security compliance, troubleshooting, backup and recovery. The candidate must keep the current and future business objectives in mind; they are expected to bring design and maintain state-of-the-art database environments, especially in the following Database technologies: Oracle Exadata, MSSQL Servers, Cloud Database platform, Big Data and NoSQL database platform.
- Provide technical leadership to maintain day to day support for L&R databases across multiple platforms (Oracle Exadata, MSSQL, Cloud Database platform such as AWS, and Big Data / NoSQL Database platform)
- Responsible to develop Database technology strategic roadmap and maintain database design standards such as: Database installation and configuration, backup and recovery, database monitoring and maintenance, patching and security procedures.
- Provide and ensure expertise for data-related planning for large-scale integrated and/or distributed systems across database technology platforms.
- Responsible for the technical support of mission-critical databases running on Oracle, SQL Server and/or other database management systems used in the enterprise.
What we are looking for
- 6+ Years of in-depth experience in Database Technologies like Oracle Exadata and SQL Server.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, systems analysis or a related study.
- Strong skills in troubleshooting, performance tuning, security, backup/recovery and monitoring of large database management systems.
- Must have hands on experience with Windows, Linux & UNIX Platforms.
- Ability to manage small team of DBAs onshore/offshore and vendor management.
- Ability to independently run technical meetings and directly interface with the business.
- Good interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to independently troubleshoot and resolve.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to work in a matrix organization.
- Experience with Cloud based database technologies like Amazon RDS, Azure SQL Database and Oracle Exadata Cloud.
- Experience with Big Data Platforms a plus, like Cassandra, Hadoop , etc.
- Experience in UNIX shell scripting, Perl, Python and other scripting languages/utilities.
What our IT Employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Company opportunities for charitable participation and giving
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts & Insurance Coverage
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.