Business Analyst II Data Conversion Service
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
We all want a future that's worth looking forward to. Helping people achieve their goals is what VALIC is all about. We call it being FutureFIT. FutureFITis all about our customers owning their future —living tomorrow the way they choose —and enjoying life the way they want. We've helped millions of individuals plan for, save for and realize the financial goals they've set. With the combined strength and diverse products of AIG member companies and VALIC powering your efforts, you can provide a uniquely high level of personalized retirement and financial planning—and make a real difference in the lives of those who deserve your help.
This position functions in the capacity of data analysis and data conversion of participant data. Provides analytical and technical support to the unit and/or department on complex issues and is part of a core team of technically proficient business users. Assists in the design and implementation of special departmental projects, to include cross-functional projects. Participates in the analysis and the recommendation of process improvements to departmental processes and applications.
Within the first six (6) to twelve (12) months the person in this position will be expected to:
1. Demonstrate measurable growth and knowledge of VALIC's business model, data needs and internal data consistency practices.
2. Provide analytical input to solving complex business scenarios using best industry and/or regulatory standards.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- Analyzing, scrubbing, converting and loading conversion data focusing on data integrity, accuracy and completeness based on the needs of our proprietary record-keeping systems.
- Prepares complex standard and ad hoc reports and documents for internal and/or external distribution.
- Delivering systematic solutions for large scale departmental business processes using software and business applications like MS Access Databases, SIP, SharePoint or Excel. Monitoring a departmental mailbox and completing or distributing tasks as required.
- Performing tasks relating to set-up and maintenance of File Transfer Protocol (FTP) transmissions.
- The best people doing this job will be creative thinkers that can quickly and easily envision solutions to complex issues.
- Is not opposed to alternate approaches or solutions and can implement these visions quickly and accurately.
- Someone that takes pride in their work and is a self-starter that can work independently both under pressure and with limited supervision.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in related field and related work experience. (Note: related work experience may be substituted for educational requirement.)
- Strong analytic skills; ability to analyze large volumes of data while recognizing inconsistencies and/or erroneous information.
- Demonstrated skills in planning and organizing complex assignments; self-starter that is results oriented.
- Strong MS Access skills, with ability to build tables, forms, queries, reports and modules.
- Strong MS Excel skills such as, building functions, pivot tables, and macros.
- Organized, with the ability to complete multiple tasks under various deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong influence, leadership, prioritization and adaptability skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface effectively within and across departments.
- Experience in working in collaborative partnerships and training user on new functionality and/or systems.
- Must be a creative thinker and can conceptualize alternative solutions.
- Retirement plan or investment products knowledge is strongly preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.