VALIC Plan Coordinator
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
We all want a future that's worth looking forward to. Helping people achieve their goals is what VALIC is all about. We call it being FutureFIT. FutureFITis all about our customers owning their future —living tomorrow the way they choose —and enjoying life the way they want. We've helped millions of individuals plan for, save for and realize the financial goals they've set. With the combined strength and diverse products of AIG member companies and VALIC powering your efforts, you can provide a uniquely high level of personalized retirement and financial planning—and make a real difference in the lives of those who deserve your help.
On-going administration for strategically important retirement plans. Primary contact for customers regarding operational issues. Partnership with plan sponsor, relationship management, field and other internal/external members ensuring effective support/ongoing service needs. Maintain current data/plan provisions within appropriate record-keeping systems. Document issues/resolution.
Complete annual plan reviews and updates to service notes. Facilitate/manage projects (EX: Corrective activity, plan maintenance, plan set-up. Knowledgeable of assigned client's retirement plan arrangements/provisions along with services provided (group review, compliance testing, reporting, GPS, Retirement Manager (RM), CLM, Plan Sponsor Online (PSO), etc.). Monitor/ensure timely transaction approvals (distributions, loans, hardships). Reach out to Plan Sponsor regarding requested info, as well as applicable follow-up. Clearly document status of actions taken and communications sent. Partner with internal/external teams during acquisition/implementation of new groups/plans.
Provide consultation and serve as SME for plan's operational requirements. Proficient in problem solving, research and analytical skills to resolve administrative issues, as well as follow through to ensure completion of all issues/requests to client's satisfaction, with little supervision. Proficiency in project management to coordinate client requests, problem resolution, plan/product changes. Maintain technical and communication skills, as well as knowledge of industry changes and trends.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
- Administer “strategically important” retirement plans (maintain book of business of multiple plans), each valued at $20 million+.
- Maintain direct contact with “Plan Sponsor's” as primary contact regarding Operational issues.
- Independently prioritize “multiple” deadlines for fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to analyze data, determine root cause of issues, develop/provide appropriate resolution.
- Partner with Plan Sponsor, Relationship Manager and Field personnel, as well as internal/external members, to provide support and on-going service needs.
- Ensure current “data & plan provisions” within record-keeping systems.
- Clearly document issues, statuses and subsequent resolution (actions taken/communications sent).
- Complete annual plan reviews and applicable updates to “Service Notes”.
- Facilitate/manage projects (corrective activity, plan maintenance, plan set-up).
- Maintain knowledge/skills regarding:
- Retirement Plan arrangement, provisions and services provided
- Industry Changes & Trends
- Pension and Defined Contribution Plans
- Record-Keeping Sys's
- Strong Verbal & Written Communication skills
- Monitor/ensure timely transaction approvals (withdrawals/surrenders, Loans, Hardships)
- Respond to Plan Sponsor requests, ensuring appropriate action and follow-through/follow-up
- Involvement with Acquisitions and Implementation of new GRPS / PLANS
- Provide consultation; serving as SME regarding plan operational requirements
- Demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving, research and analysis
- Resolve issues timely and accurately, with little supervision.
- Manage/facilitate projects related to client requests', problem resolution, plan/product changes.
What we are looking for
- Proven leadership skills and prior coaching or mentoring experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Ability to independently prioritize multiple deadlines in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to analyze data, determine root cause and provide/develop appropriate resolution.
- Bachelor's degree (4 yrs work experience may be substituted for degree requirement).
- 2 years applicable plan administration experience with knowledge of pension plan types and defined contribution plans' daily valuation record keeping systems.
Hours of Operation - M-F, 8-hour shift between 7am-6pm
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.