Infrastructure Security Architect
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Infrastructure Architecture is responsible for working with business and technology leaders across AIG to formulate the strategy, vision and roadmaps for all technology solutions and platforms in support of delivering infrastructure solutions which will address today's business and technology requirements while concurrently ‘future enabling' AIG.
The AIG Infrastructure Security Architect will drive and contribute to the transformation of AIG by developing innovative strategies and solutions, leveraging established and forward looking technology standards, and enabling and promoting practices to design and develop solutions which will meet current and future business needs. The AIG Infrastructure Security Architect will help shape AIG business and technology ecosystem currently and for the future.
Your contribution at AIG
As Infrastructure Security Architect, you are respected for your knowledge of architecture frameworks, industry standards, technical expertise and your ability to drive infrastructure, business and technology strategy and ensure alignment of programs and initiatives against such strategy. You balance the needs of business and technology stakeholders, articulating strategy and recommendations supported by your use of industry standards and practices, future vision, analysis, experience, and judgment in enacting Infrastructure Architecture at AIG.
- Infrastructure Architecture Leadership
- Provide Security Architecture vision, guidance and expertise for all Infrastructure capabilities
- In partnership with the business and infrastructure organizations, formulate and develop architecture strategy, approach and roadmaps
- Review candidate business and infrastructure initiatives to ensure alignment with Architecture strategy and roadmaps
- Provide input to project scoring based off of leadership-level Architecture priorities
- Provide guidance and support during project execution to maintain alignment with leadership priorities
- Actively participate in the Technology Governance, Review and on-boarding process Forum and CIO Portfolio Planning to lend Architecture expertise to those committees
- Assess impact of projects to overall Line of Business and provide guidance and support during project execution
- Technology Infrastructure Roadmap Development
- Develop the Technology Infrastructure roadmaps relevant to and as required by the business and technology organizations
- In partnership with business and technology stakeholders, identify strategies, capabilities, solutions and technologies for which roadmaps are required or would add value
- Review existing imperatives, strategies, and existing roadmaps in support of new roadmap development
- Assemble roadmap development teams based on roadmap specifics, resource skills, and availability
- Gather relevant current state Architectures, assess limitations, and document missing information
- Support the communication and understanding of desired roadmap direction, scope definition, and current state capture
- Maintain relevant Infrastructure Application and Technology roadmaps and proactively communicate changes on a schedules basis
- Develop future state Reference Architectures and develop Transition Architectures where required
What we are looking for - Skills and Competencies
- 5 - 10+ years of experience in IT and/or technology in positions of increasing responsibility
- Record of success in the application of Security Architecture processes to IT and business
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Strong foundation in business, especially in insurance and financial services
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills (verbal/ written)
- The ability to promote concepts, strategies and to affect change through influence.
- Broad and relevant in-depth technical knowledge and skills
- The ability to formulate comprehensive Application and Technology Roadmaps
- Experience with Architecture Governance & Standards
- Knowledge of Multi-Speed IT
- Experience with Security Architecture Frameworks
- Knowledge of Security Architecture Industry tools and software packages
- Knowledge of IT Industry Standards
- Knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Project Management
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent work experience)
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.