Customer Service Representative
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG Warranty delivers a full range of service solutions including warranty management administration, extended service programs, customer service support, service network management, claims processing services, and service contract underwriting.
With over 20 years of experience, we are one of the warranty and service industry's leading providers, which is why many of the world's largest and most respected brands choose us. When retailers or manufacturers want flexible and innovative service solutions that will ensure the focus of building customer retention and customer satisfaction, they turn to us.
Position Overview :
Responsible for supporting all methods of customer contact within the prescribed expectations (goals). Individuals in this position will work in a rapidly growing inbound contact center where our customer service is World Class. No telemarketing or collections are involved. In this role you will help customers with their warranty support issues and be part of a winning team. This is a full time position at the Jeffersonville , Indiana office. This role might be days or evenings, depending on shift availability. All shifts require working at least one weekend day (Saturday or Sunday) every week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Available to answer incoming customer communications which will involve assessing caller's needs, entitling the call through the use of software, analyzing the situation, and offering accurate solutions.
- Respond positively to customer's questions in a timely manner.
- Research customer questions thoroughly to provide accurate information and solutions.
- Overcome customer objections to solve problems and build client brand loyalty.
- Interact with other areas of the business as needed to meet customer needs.
- Maintain a positive attitude and support Service Net's Commitment to Excellence.
- Maintain productivity and quality assurance goals.
- Must follow all program specific guidelines.
- On-time attendance and schedule adherence.
- Provide on the job training for new employees.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to key a minimum of 20 words per minute.
- Professional attitude, enthusiastic, and reliable.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- PC literate (familiar with windows applications).
- Problem-solving skills.
- Needs to be available to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Ability to multi-task between phone lines or client programs.
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Technical experience a plus.
Education/Experience Requirements :
- High school diploma or GED required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.