Data Analyst, Internal Audit
IA - Internal Audit
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Our world-class team is seeking individuals who would like to be a part of the foundation for building out an innovative audit team at AIG's new Charlotte office!
AIG's Internal Audit Group (IAG) provides independent and objective assurance, advice, and insight guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of AIG. IAG assists AIG in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of AIG's control environment including risk management, operational, financial, internal control, and governance processes.
As a Data Analytics Manager you will be part of IAG's Analytic Services team in the Charlotte, North Carolina office. As a member of the Analytic Services team you will have an exciting opportunity to learn about AIG's products and services and enhance your knowledge and skillsets as you participate in audit projects across multiple businesses and functions including General Insurance, Life & Retirement, and Corporate Functions such as Enterprise Risk Management, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Investments, and Legal, Compliance and Regulatory.
IAG is seeking candidates who have excelled in previous work experience, possess strong analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills, and are enthusiastic about and committed to AIG to contribute to IAG's mission of being an industry leading internal audit team and key contributor to the achievement of the firm's strategic goals. We are looking for candidates that are proactive, continuously learn and introduce improved ways of doing things, both to business stakeholders in development of solutions to problems, IAG processes, including the use of data analytics.
The ideal candidates will be bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial bent, and will possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical & financial acumen) and emotional intelligence [EQ] (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility). IAG also looks for diverse backgrounds of experience, culture and thought. Successful candidates typically have a global perspective and a record of successful teamwork. You will be part of a large and diverse firm working within a team-oriented environment. You will gain a unique view of AIG, as part of planning and executing on all aspects of the audit process and risk assessment activities and will build close working relationships with business and functional leaders, colleagues across other assurance functions, and fellow team members.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Provide data analytics to support the entire audit cycle, including planning, testing of controls, reporting and issue verification
- Collaborate with global IAG teams on audit projects to identify and deliver full population testing to improve assurance and achieve IAG objective of continuous monitoring
- Use data and data visualization to enhance the connection between the business and audit
- Educate audit team members on available self-service tools and work to improve the overall audit experience
- Liaison with senior IAG and business stakeholders , including presenting learnings and managing expectations
- Suggest advanced analytics methodology specific to particular project needs and steer analytics requests in the most productive direction
- 3-6 years of relevant industry experience and/or analytics experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree, preferably in Data Management, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, and/or other related discipline
- Experience developing applications utilizing desktop and web-enabled reporting, database, and analytics tools (Excel, Access, COGNOS, Qlikview, SQL, VBA, etc.)
- Knowledge of various financial industry business functions
- Ability to develop process improvements and suggest efficiencies
- Ability to document process and tools, and transfer knowledge to team members
- Strong communication skills including presentation and written skills; ability to educate audit team members in self-service
- Possesses keen attention to detail and able to manage time efficiently and independently
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with and provide constructive feedback to stakeholders, colleagues and staff auditors
- Effective time management skills; coordinate and prioritize competing initiatives while meeting deadlines
- Exhibit professional skepticism and curiosity
- Team player mentality; holds self-accountable for the success of the team
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.