Audit Analyst (Entry Level), IT Internal Audit
IA - Internal Audit
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Our world-class team is seeking individuals who would like to be a part of the foundation for building out an innovative audit team at AIG's new Charlotte office!
AIG's Internal Audit Group (IAG) provides independent and objective assurance, advice, and insight guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of AIG. IAG assists AIG in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of AIG's control environment including risk management, operational, financial, internal control, and governance processes.
As an Analyst you will be part of IAG's Information Technology (IT) Audit Resource Community (ARC) in the Charlotte, North Carolina office. As a member of the ARC you will have an exciting opportunity to learn about AIG's products and services and enhance your knowledge and skillsets as you participate in audit projects across multiple businesses and functions including General Insurance, Life & Retirement, and Corporate Functions such as Enterprise Risk Management, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Investments, and Legal, Compliance and Regulatory.
You will collaborate with AIG business area and functional stakeholders, IAG and other assurance teams to:
- Gain a well-rounded understanding of how AIG operates by participating in audit projects covering different departments and functions
- Assist in identifying and analyzing the key inherent risks in the IT business and testing general IT controls (e.g., security, change management, operations) and application controls (e.g., data processing, calculations, report accuracy) that management has implemented to mitigate their risks
- Participate in the full audit lifecycle including planning, testing of controls, reporting and issue verification
- Learn IAG's Global Audit Methodology and professional standards for audit engagements
IAG is seeking candidates who have excelled in previous work experience, demonstrated outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement, possess strong analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills, and are enthusiastic about and committed to AIG to contribute to IAG's mission of being an industry leading internal audit team and key contributor to the achievement of the firm's strategic goals. We are looking for candidates that are proactive, continuously learn and introduce improved ways of doing things, both to business stakeholders in development of solutions to problems, IAG processes, including the use of data analytics.
The ideal candidates will be bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial bent, and will possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical & financial acumen) and emotional intelligence [EQ] (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility). IAG also looks for diverse backgrounds of experience, culture and thought. Successful candidates typically have a global perspective and a record of successful teamwork. You will be part of a large and diverse firm working within a team-oriented environment. You will gain a unique view of AIG, as part of planning and executing on all aspects of the audit process and risk assessment activities and will build close working relationships with business and functional leaders, colleagues across other assurance functions, and fellow team members.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Perform testing of controls to ensure they are working as designed by reviewing documentation, meeting with management to discuss the business processes, and observing general business operations
- Perform data analysis to identify anomalies or issues in the testing of controls, partnering with the IAG data analytics team
- Identify the root cause for control deficiencies and evaluate management action plans to address deficiencies
- Document audit activities, identified issues, and conclusions to assist audit team with reporting to the stakeholders
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and seek out ways to improve IAG processes
- Accountable for meeting deliverables, adhering to quality and methodology standards, including incorporating real-time feedback from supervisors
- Take initiative to consider and recommend problem resolution to audit team and manager
- Continually seek to learn through asking questions, getting exposure to new opportunities and training sessions
- Some travel may be required, up to 25%
- Bachelors or Master's degree, or candidate for Bachelors or Master's degree to be received no later than May 2019, preferably in Information Systems or Computer Science (all majors, however, are welcome to apply) with minimum grade point average of 3.2 (unofficial transcript required upon application)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; exhibit professional skepticism and curiosity
- Strong communication skills including presentation and written skills
- Proven ability to quickly assess problems, identify effective solutions, and focus on what matters most
- Possesses keen attention to detail and able to manage time efficiently
- Seeking a candidate who is positive, proactive, engaged and open to new ways of doing things
- Experience working in the financial services/insurance industries or knowledge of insurance products a plus
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.