Commissions Specialist III
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Licensing and Commissions - Commissions Specialist III:
The Commissions Specialist III, a member of Licensing and Contracting (L&C) Operations at American General Life Insurance Company, reporting directly to the Licensing and Commissions Associate Director, is responsible for multiple aspects of commission transaction monitoring, correction and payout in the Brentwood, Tennessee office. The Commissions Specialist III will collaborate with peers in the Customer Service organization to ensure accurate and timely commissions are paid.
The Commissions Specialist III will be responsible for a variety of commission related quality control tasks, such as policy and accounting level research and remediation on commission transactions. The Commissions Specialist III will need to understand transactions performed in the administrative systems and the relationship of those transactions to commissions, determine appropriate remediation where discrepancies exist and carry out such plans. The Commissions Specialist III will also be responsible for various manual commission transactions and electronic funds maintenance, in addition to updating documentation and supporting L&C peers with their tasks. The Commissions Specialist III will be help the team meet service level agreements while at the same time meeting individual production and quality guidelines.
Examples of tasks are:
- Become familiar with Registers system balancing and the transactions sent from life insurance administrative systems AGNIS and V-flex (Vantage)
- Troubleshoot and resolve a variety of commission-related out of balances
- Perform various L&C payroll balancing duties daily
- Review commission statements to make sure payments are accurate
- Process checks from 3rd Parties
- Complete journal entries and wire transfers
- Maintain agents' bank draft records in SAP
- Navigate various L&C report repositories and pull reports to support internal and external inquiries
- Serve as back up for other team members
- Promptly return phone messages received from other departments within the company
- Provide updated documentation for assigned tasks
- Participate in special projects as required by management
A high school diploma plus 2 years Licensing and Commissions experience is required. A bachelor's degree is a plus. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working in Licensing and Commission systems, report repositories and workflows. Experience working in particular systems such as ACF, Registers, Commissions, DSS, ACS, XPTR, Payryte, AWD is a plus.
- Experience working in Life Insurance Policy Administrative systems (such as AGNIS and V-flex) is also a plus.
- Excellent PC skills and experience using applications such as Adobe, Appian, Excel, Word, SAP, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to make consistently sound business decisions
- Excellent performance in previous position(s) and an excellent attendance record
- Works Monday through Friday in the office
- Manages daily tasks independently
- Multi-tasks effectively
- Easily adapts to changing priorities
- Owns his/her work with urgency and reports progress without prompting
- Organizes thoughts, both written and verbal, crisply and with the right level of detail
- Listens intently and responds positively to others
- Adapts seamlessly to new systems and applications
- Applies initiative and creativity in dealing with new tasks or problems
- Provides a high quality work product in a timely manner
- Enjoys being challenged and learning new things
- Pro-actively places his/her customer's needs first, striving to exceed their expectations
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.