AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Actuarial Associate (Position based in Nashville or Houston)
The Actuarial Associate will be a key member of the Legacy Actuarial Team and will provide support in the
Governance of Finance Actuarial Judgments and Controls.
a) Supporting the setting, development, and documentation of assumptions for Legacy Life, A&H, and Payout
b) Explanation and attribution of assumption changes
c) Executing controls, testing controls, summarizing control evidence
d) Providing support for ad-hoc analysis
The Actuarial Associate will collaborate with other Legacy functional teams as well as other actuarial teams
throughout AIG Life and Retirement.
The Ideal Candidate:
• An undergraduate degree is required.
• Minimum 2 years of actuarial experience
• General Life, A&H, and Annuity product and risk knowledge
• Experience with MS Word, Excel, and database software.
• Highly motivated and results-oriented.
• The candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills.
• Should be making progress toward attaining Fellowship of the Society of Actuaries.
• Ability to work independently
• Well organized with the ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments
Page 1 of 3
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.