OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Responsibility: § Coordinate with Rater team, IT and other internal partners to roll out the pricing tools supported by predictive models
§ Partner with internal/external business and technology SMEs to ensure the implementation of newly designed Pricing tools and Raters § Closely work with modelers and analysts in the pricing team to ensure that their efforts stay coordinated and also ensuring the implementation constraints are considered in the model design phase. § Partner with underwriting, claim, operations, IT and other stakeholder groups to transparently communicate the analytical insights from advanced pricing tools to gain the trust and buy-in, to both end user groups and senior management § Work with underwriting communities to identify and address issues related risk selection and pricing tools through feedback loop § Work with external groups such as reserving, ERM departments and regulators to coordinate technical pricing initiatives and comply with regulation requirements Qualification
- BA/BS degree from a quantitative area (Math, economics, finance, computer science, operation research, insurance and risk management, etc), advanced degree is preferred
- PC insurance domain knowledge, evidenced by the experience of actuarial, underwriting, or rating tool development/delivery
- 7+ commercial insurance underwriting or pricing experience
- Hands-on understanding of advanced modeling methods such as GLM, GLMM and decision trees
- Advanced SQL skills and excellent programming skills in at least one of the quantitative analysis software packages/languages such as VBA, and/or SAS
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret data and modeling results, distill actionable insights and present them to stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills both in written and verbal
- Organized, self-motivated, results-oriented and resourceful
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.