LifeCore IT Scrum Master/Project Manager
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG General Insurance Company, Ltd.
The candidate will work with vendors, internal client management, projector agile team members and stakeholders to define project scope, resource requirements, budget, timeline, deliverables and milestones.
In the project manager role he or she will:
- Define/refine project objectives and tasks, evaluates various courses of action and selects the best alternative to attain project goals.
- Manage projects through all phases of the development life cycle, including initiation, requirements and specifications, design, construction, testing, installation and post implementation review.
- Oversee/participate in the identification/review of the organization's risk management policies and procedures, assesses the risk tolerance levels of stakeholders and identifies preliminary risk for project viability. Manages risk throughout the project life cycle and makes contingency plans to manage issues that pose risk to budget, time delivery or functionality.
- Assist with the development of the program strategy, supporting business case and various enterprise-wide high-level project plans.
- Ensure integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
- Communicate with IT leadership, business leadership and/or IT business consultants to communicate program strategy, direction and changes.
- Oversee and monitor annual budget process including; budget development, monthly reporting against forecast and actuals; Expense monitoring; review of cost benefits analysis of project business cases, inventory management of hardware and software licenses as needed.
- Manage staff as/if needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
In the Scrum Master role the candidate will:
- Lead the Agile team in daily huddles.
- Schedule/help facilitate Events (aka Ceremonies).
- Work with the Product owner to create stories and groom the backlog.
- Manage the Product Owner and story adherence to Acceptance Criteria
- Support the team in the removal of impediments.
- Provide Metrics/Velocity to IT leadership.
- Bachelor's degree and Life & Retirement Insurance experience preferred
- Professional certification in program or project management from Project Management Institute (PMI) or other recognized certifying authority preferred and/or Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Scaled Agile Professional, etc.
- Previous management with both in-house (dispersed) development and off-shore teams.
- Financial responsibility of project or area operating budget.
- Technical management background, ability to match business plans with cost effective technical solutions.
- Experience managing project technical leads.
- Experience setting and managing budgets and timelines.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Experience defining project Key performance Indicators (KPIs)/Metrics.
- Familiarity with Project management Software applications such as Microsoft Project, HP Project & Portfolio Management and Atlassian Jira/Confluence..
- Fluent in system development life cycle and application program.
- Fluent in development methodologies and risk/issue management.
- Knowledgeable in Agile Principles and Scaled Agile.
- Knowledge of budgeting/accounting/finance concepts preferred.
- Articulate communications and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in Team building and coaching.
- General understanding of the development and data warehouse practices helpful.
- Ability to manage multiple projects or a single large project within a business department.
- Strong business acumen and have demonstrated leadership skills.
- Instill collaboration with their teams.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, & time management skills.
- Available to travel to other team locations.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.