CFO & Controller - AIG Warranty Business
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: Yes
Service Net Warranty, LLC
AIG is seeking an experienced, self-starting individual for the CFO & Controller position in AIG's Warranty Business. This is a lead finance role, assisting with multiple functions of the business: Operations, Business Development, Financial Reporting, Management Reporting, and Tax Support. The CFO & Controller leads a team of 10 individuals within the finance department, and works closely with AIG's warranty business and finance leaders. This position is located in Jeffersonville, IN within the warranty business - just 1 mile from downtown Louisville, KY.
- Certified Public Accountant designation required
- 12+ years of experience in relevant roles
- Strong finance background including experience with profitability assessments, budgeting and forecasting, financial planning and analysis
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience working at a “Big 4” accounting firm a plus
Roles and Responsibilities
Business Development / Operations:
- Support the US Head of Warranty through timely and relevant financial information and insight in support of decisions that drive profitable growth
- Support the development and execution of a US Warranty Strategy
- Being an active leader in the Finance team, developing finance talent and assisting in the delivery of overall Warranty goals
- Return on investment and request for quote calculations - new program cost estimates combining administrative support and underwriting performance
- Operations modeling - business staffing models, insourcing vs. outsourcing
- Legal / regulatory document reviews - client legal contracts, terms and conditions, insurance agreements, regulatory financial filings and responses, intercompany agreements for administration services
- New program launches / implementations and integrations - sales intake into proprietary systems, invoicing, cash collection and application, bordereaux reporting to insurance companies (sales and claims), financial data from proprietary systems into the MAS subledger and the SAP corporate ledger.
- International program support - billing and collection support
- Systems design / remediation specification - proprietary systems and subledger updates and evolution as driven by business needs.
- Accountable for timely and accurate delivery of legal entities' internal/external financial reporting and maintenance of a robust control environment.
- Technical accounting - revenue and expense recognition, intercompany relationships
- Internal control development and maintenance
- Balance sheet and income statement analytics
- External audit oversight
- Cost accounting - cost allocation for support resource use across programs
- Accountable for all budgeting, estimate and forecasting processes relating to the P&L
- Key performance indicators / operational cost tracking - cost per claim, per minute, per dispatch
- Program level P&Ls - client program profitability analysis
- Federal and State tax support - US and Canada
- Sales, VAT, franchise / business privilege, and property tax filing ownership - US and Canada
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.