IT Regulatory Manager - Risk
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American International Group, Inc.
This critical role will work closely with executives in New York on key regulatory initiatives, such as the NYDFS Cybersecurity regulations, to review the regulation, assess gaps, and manage the work to resolution to come into compliance with these regulations. This role will also keep informed of draft and newly published regulations and will conduct impact assessments. This role is responsible for driving the implementation of key regulatory transformation programs.
Successful candidates for this position will have effective communication skills, strong analytical abilities, and experience in delivering high quality products under tight deadlines. Candidate must have experience working with multiple technologies and operational risk disciplines, and have the ability to work with cross functional and technical teams.
- Lead ongoing support activities for reviewing regulations and assessing gaps in addressing these regulations
- Manage, monitor and report on remediation activities
- Problem solve issues and establish new processes as needed
- 7 - 9 years combined work experience in the banking or insurance industry with a focus on technology and / or risk management
- Knowledge compliance, legal, internal / external audit & regulatory requirements.
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once, to prioritize appropriately, and to produce results under tight time constraints
- Ability to overcome obstacles to achieve goals through organizational savvy and emotional intelligence
- High level of self-initiative required, including an ability to balance and execute multiple projects at once and to deliver results under tight time constraints
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to translate complex technical issues for a variety of audiences and work effectively in a team setting
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, Share point, and Archer.
- Preferred: MBA or Masters in Information Technology, Economics, Finance and/or Policy
- COMMUNICATION - Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- TEAMWORK - Excellent negotiation, collaboration, facilitation and coordination
- LEADERSHIP - Previous Management/Supervisory experience preferred
- OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE - Excellent program, project and team management
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.