Technology Controls Specialist
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American International Group, Inc.
AIG's Technology Controls Strategy & Oversight organization is looking for a Technology Controls Specialist to join the team.
Successful candidates for this position will have effective communication skills, strong analytical abilities, and experience in delivering high quality products under tight deadlines. Candidate must have experience working with multiple technologies and operational risk disciplines, and have the ability to work with cross functional and technical teams.
- Role will focus on IT Regulations (primarily Security) and will provide ongoing support activities for reviewing IT regulations and assessing gaps in addressing these regulations
- Interact with various departments, including compliance, legal, internal / external audit, etc. to troubleshoot gaps
- Respond to inquiries and questionnaires from customers and regulators
- Provide necessary reporting, presentations, etc.
- Managing, monitoring and reporting on remediation activities
- Problem solve issues and establish new processes as needed
- 2 - 5 years combined work experience in the banking or insurance industry (strongly preferred) with a focus on technology and / or risk management
- Knowledge of compliance, legal, internal / external audit & regulatory requirements.
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once, to prioritize appropriately, and to produce results under tight time constraints
- Ability to overcome obstacles to achieve goals through organizational savvy and emotional intelligence
- High level of self-initiative required, including an ability to balance and execute multiple projects at once and to deliver results under tight time constraints
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to translate complex technical issues for a variety of audiences and work effectively in a team setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- SharePoint experience
- Preferred: MBA or Masters in Information Technology, Economics, Finance and/or Policy
- COMMUNICATION - Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- TEAMWORK - Excellent negotiation, collaboration, facilitation and coordination
- OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE - Excellent program, project and team management
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.