IA - Internal Audit
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
AIG's Internal Audit Group (IAG) plays a critical role in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of AIG. The team adds value through helping improve operations; bringing a rigorous approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
You will be part of a large and diverse firm working within a team-oriented environment of the Internal Audit Group. You will gain a unique view of AIG, as part of planning and executing on all aspects of the audit process and risk assessment activities and will build close working relationships with business and functional leaders, colleagues across other assurance functions, and within Internal Audit.
As a Senior Auditor, you will be a part of our Internal Audit Consumer audit team. The position will report to a Senior Audit Manager or Director within the Life and Retirement Audit team. We are seeking a highly engaged and experienced professional with two to four years of audit or equivalent industry experience, with strong technical and interpersonal competencies.
Preference for the following foundational product knowledge and experience:
- Life, health and disability products, including traditional, term, and universal life.
- Insurance risks and operations, including distribution, new business, underwriting, claims, etc.
- Key insurance laws and regulations.
- Applicable professional certification.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Understand key business drivers and associated risk and control concepts.
- Exhibit professional skepticism and curiosity.
- Understand IAG standards, methodology, systems, data quality and governance procedures and execute accordingly.
- Developing and executing, within a global team environment, audit testing programs in accordance with IAG's Global Audit Methodology and professional standards.
- Assist the Auditor in Charge with annual audit planning as needed, with proper balance of audit coverage considering the business units risk profile and other external and internal considerations.
- Complete assignments with strong attention to detail and thoroughness of coverage.
- Draw appropriate conclusions from audit work performed and report to lead auditor.
- Ability to meet deliverable, quality assurance and methodology standards, including providing real-time feedback to clients and co-workers.
- Effectively determine appropriate escalation as needed.
- Quickly adapt to change without losing sight of departmental objectives and current standards.
- Take initiative to consider and recommend problem resolution to audit team and manager.
- Effective writing and oral communication/presentation skills to clearly and concisely communicate audit results or other key messages, as needed, to a variety of constituents.
- Requires some travel, mostly domestic, and ad-hoc international travel when needed.
Professional certification (CIA/CPA/CISA) and experience with auditing/data analytics software (e.g. ACL, IDEA), or data visualization software (e.g. Qlickview, Tableau) is a plus, but not required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.