UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
To provide expected mortality pricing support by reviewing application case files in a timely and accurate manner for compliance with existing checklists and guidelines prior to policy issue; to provide planning, organizational and reporting support for living rescission underwriters; and to support underwriting training and claims review. This position will be located in Houston, Nashville or can be remote.
• Conduct detailed case file reviews for all approved applications within AWD RISKREV prior to policy issue o Application file validation: § As per established RISKREV checklist, and § As per established department guidelines, and o In a high volume, fast paced environment § 95% or greater accuracy § 95% or more case files reviewed on a same-day basis
• Assist AIGSS RISKREV(2) staff with elevated cases or as needed to maintain case throughput
• Provide support to living rescission underwriters as required
• Maintain absolute confidentiality handling sensitive laboratory testing results
• Maintain absolute confidentiality and accuracy handling positive HIV notifications, complying with state regulations regarding notification and state reporting
• Prepare and distribute policy assignment of Notable Claims to Living Rescission Underwriters to enable claim research for the Notable Claims report.
• Generate, monitor, and research cases found on the daily report for cases pulled from the RISKREV queue by non-RISKREV personnel. Notify violators and the respective management team of violations found. Report trends to UWS management.
• Provide support to the Reinsurance Admin department for research on policy reinsurance status, etc.
• Report all cases returned to the Underwriter for missing requirements, documentation, cosigns, etc., on the RISKREV Returned Case Log. Provide to management at quarter's end.
• Report all Facultative Reinsurance on the respective tracking spreadsheet.
• Validate that all Facultative Reinsurance cases are coded correctly by the New Business department in the respective mainframe admin system and in the TAI Reinsurance system approximately 30 days from issue.
• Maintain master list of underwriter approval limits and EKG authority.
• Provide logistic coordination for underwriting training including development of presentations, packaging of case studies, setting up web meeting and facilitating feedback surveys.
• Suggest and develop process enhancements in coordination with management.
• Provide analyst support to underwriting projects in the form of report development, trend analysis, and data tracking as requested by management.
• Plan, develop, and conduct special projects as assigned.
• Support OneLife underwriting process synchronization
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements The Ideal Candidate Will Have: • Bachelor's degree and 2 years life insurance operations experience or high school diploma and 4 years life insurance operations experience. • Solid knowledge of AWD, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Crystal Reports, or complete related introductory training within 12 months of assignment. Must be comfortable organizing and tracking large amounts of data using these tools. If the applicant does not have a background in all of these systems, must have demonstrated the ability to learn similar systems and commit to mastering them within the first year of employment. • Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple on-going activities within aggressive timelines. • Good communication skills and ability to interact professionally with internal customers. • Must exercise good judgment and discretion in handling highly sensitive or confidential information
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.