Licensed Trade Specialist
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
VALIC specializes in retirement savings and investment products and services, including individual variable and fixed annuities, group retirement products, mutual funds, financial planning and investment advisory services and guaranteed investment contracts. VALIC has been in the 403(b) market since its inception writing the first K-12 403(b) programs almost 50 years ago.
This role is a VALIC Financial Advisors, Inc., “front-line” position. As trading specialist you will be required to demonstrate exceptional writing and verbal skills in order to effect constructive and affirmative communications. This role requires exceptional soft skills and the desire to work closely with other traders in a small trading environment.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
- Placing trades for retail clients from clients and representatives
- Assist with complex issues regarding trade execution or corrective activity
- Multi tasking while meeting and/or exceeding department service standards while taking inbound calls
- Focus on providing fast and accurate results in a dynamic call environment.
- Take and resolve issues by phone including overflow calls from customer services.
What we are looking for
- High School Diploma; 2-4 year degree preferred.
- 2-3 years work experience in industry or related field. Broker Dealer experience preferred.
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service skills
- FINRA 7 and 63 license are required
- Organized, with the ability to complete multiple tasks under various deadlines with minimal supervision.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.