Claim Analyst III Private Client Group
CL - Claims
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Claims, Inc.
AIG is now hiring for an enthusiastic, self-starting Claims Adjuster III to serve our Private Client Group. The Private Client Group Claims Adjuster will handle moderate coverage Property claims, in terms of severity of and / dollar value. Position will also be responsible for handling and/or coordinating and formulating effective plans to bring the claims to resolution.
- Makes timely and sound decisions by appropriately analyzing coverage, recovery potential and validating damages to resolve claims.
- Modifies decisions based on new information when appropriate. Includes others in the decision-making process as warranted.
- Operates independently within stated authority limits.
- Keeps management informed of progress, issues, and potential problems.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Homeowner Property claims required.
- Experience working in the field is required.
- Specific prior experience in personal lines claims required; exposure to and knowledge of affluent market segment is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of construction trades and terminology, residential building materials and techniques, and cost based construction estimating skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, decision making and problem solving skills required.
- Experience with first-party coverage interpretation
- Self-starter with the ability to act independently.
- Currently licensed or willing to obtain licensing (AIG supported).
- College degree or equivalent education and experience.
This position will work from the Schaumburg, IL office.
Job Grade 18
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.