Associate Sales Director Operations
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Founded in 20th Century Shanghai, AIG has since continued its global expansion throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and is proudly serving 97% of American families and 91% of Fortune 500 companies: to help them grow, plan for the future, and protect their resources. With our commitment to cultural diversity and inclusion, we are introducing opportunities for sales-minded, ambitious individuals to join us as Financial Representatives to develop our cultural markets. You will be given the resources to build your own sales portfolio and establish a diverse client base with AIG's financial support within your community.
The primary purpose of the job is to support successful growth and profitability of the Financial Network distribution channel and to provide internal coordination of various resources, support Vice President, National Sales Manager in program management, coordinate key reporting/analytics support and develop proficient field operations to achieve channel business objectives.
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
Support VP, National Sales Manager with growth and profitability of Financial Network through supporting channel operations including:
- Communicate AIG policies and procedures to drive adoption and achieve business goals
- Monitor Minimum Production Requirement and New Agent Financing validation and coordinate the adjudication process.
- Tracking of OBA/OCA disclosures, ensure timely review and maintain records
- Coordinate review of local office recruiting/training/marketing spends and track against budget and ensure timely reporting
- Completion of executive reports, sales summaries and presentations
- Oversee coordination of the monthly MOR for executive leadership
- Maintain Business Continuity Plans and contact lists as well as update Marketing team monthly to maintain field websites and marketing tools (e.g. My Marketing Center).
- Partner with Budgets & Finance to execute California Expense Reimbursement Program
- Coordination of VP, National Sales Manager calendar, meeting and travel schedule
- Assist with the development, execution and on-going analysis of channel sales, productivity and financial metrics.
- Understanding of business sales, marketing, recruiting and productivity objectives
- Provide NSM monthly reporting of SalesForce data for FN support personnel and sales reps.
- Assist with budget/expense management related to FN and ongoing execution of reporting to oversee budget maintenance
- Serve as a liaison with key stakeholders for special projects to strengthen operational efficiency. Collaborates with business units and partners including:
- Salesforce and IT support
- Underwriting and New Business
- In-force and Claims
- Event planning
- HR Business Partner(s)
- Licensing and Commissions
- Assist in the creation and execution of Financial Network training, business planning and recognition meetings.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university (also known as undergraduate degree).
- Five to ten years of experience as an Administrative Assistant supporting a sales division.
- Able to work independently on complex projects meeting all critical deadlines .
- Proven leadership skills and positive attitude, capacity to make sound and effective decisions while demonstrating a high energy level and positive attitude.
- Conflict resolution skills and diplomacy to work with field and internal audiences.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail with strong organization and problem solving skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and reprioritize tasks in response to unexpected changes in priorities/requests.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel) and other company specific systems.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.