Executive Administrative Assistant
AS - Administrative Support
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
AIG is seeking a highly professional Executive Assistant to support C- suite level leadership.
The IDEAL candidate will have:
- 3-5 yrs. experience as C-Level Executive Assistant
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Maintain an eye for accuracy.
- Loyalty, trust, confidentiality are key components as well as patient and relentless in attitude.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Be polished and highly professional in attitude and communication skills.
This position will provide advanced administrative support to the Chief Operations Officer for the Life & Retirement business unit. Candidate must be professional with more than 5 years of administrative experience. Additionally must be able to take initiative with attention to details to meet deadlines.
Additionally, this position partners with the other departmental assistants to ensure the smooth operation and functioning of the organization. Responsibilities involve the application of constructive measures and appropriate solutions to complex procedural and administrative matters.
- Oversee a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Chief Operations Officer including managing an active calendar, arranging travel plans, scheduling meetings, processing expense reports, providing team support and other duties as needed
- Preparing documents including correspondence, spreadsheets, reports, memorandum, and other materials (including presentations, graphics and charts)
- Participate in meetings as requested; prepare and distribute agendas, prepare minutes from a variety of meetings. Handling all matters proactively and expeditiously
- Exercising independent judgment and discretion regarding confidential and sensitive matters.
- Demonstrate consistently positive interpersonal interactions with internal teams and external partners.
- Understanding the organizations business in order to work effectively with all levels of employees and clients
- Great attention to detail, and the ability to consistently produce error-free work
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, with the ability to: anticipate needs with initiative and enthusiasm.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Create and maintain filing system
- Assist with preparation, revision, maintenance and monitoring of the department budget.
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies, breakroom supplies
- Responsible for the maintenance of the copiers, printers in the areas, including placing service calls when needed.
- Assist with onboarding of new hires, ordering office equipment and general facilities requests.
- Must have at least 5 year experience as an Executive Assistant
- Highly proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from staff.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Excellent communication skills and a flexible, helpful, can-do attitude.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.