Compliance Testing Senior Reviewer
CP - Compliance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG PC Global Services, Inc
We have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Testing Senior Reviewer to join our Compliance team in New York! You will primarily be responsible fo assisting our compliance management in executing the approved Compliance Testing Plan.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Execute compliance testing reviews across AIG including assessing key risks and evaluating associated control design and effectiveness. Participate in related meetings and complete all required documentation that supports the work performed in accordance with methodology requirements.
- Communicate test results with compliance and business management both verbally and through written Compliance Testing reports. Draft issues, reports and prepare planning memos, process narratives, flow charts, lead sheets and sample rationale documents as well as other test related material that requires minimal editing. Recommend ratings for both issues and reports based on the work performed taking into account the risk presented to the entity and to AIG.
- Build effective relationships with colleagues to enable partnership and collaboration for control related matter.
- Identify the root cause for breaches of local law, regulation policy and/or internal control deficiencies. Present suggestions for process improvements, associated corrective action as well as evaluating the timeliness and proposed remedial actions by management.
- Manage review hours to deliver work on time and in accordance with the agreed upon budget.
- Recommend opportunities to update the test plan based on observations during execution of test work.
- Identify opportunities to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness both for processes being reviewed and Compliance Monitoring and Testing Methodology.
- Participate in special projects or ad-hoc assignments on an as-needed basis.
- The ideal candidate should have prior Audit experience.
- 5+ years of relevant progressive auditing and/or compliance experience with a focus on identifying risks and evaluating control design and effectiveness.
- Solid foundational knowledge of planning and executing audits focused on control design and effectiveness.
- Understanding of insurance and/or investments business processes, including the applicability of key laws and regulations.
- Proactive approach to enhancing insurance and/or investments industry and related product knowledge to ensure compliance test efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to assume ownership of assigned tasks and deliver a quality product within the agreed framework including the hours allocated,
- Able to demonstrate through experience how a proactive approach or initiative has been taken in order to meet an agreed timeline or job requirement.
- Ownership for accurate documentation reflective of the work performed and supportive of the conclusions reached.
- Effective time management with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple and competing tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate questions, provide management with relevant information and respond to any questions they may have.
- Ability to take a position and influence management.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and peers. Demonstrate collaboration and partnership and actively promote team work.
- Some travel may be required, generally domestic but some international travel depending on business requirements.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.