LG - Legal, Regulatory & Gov't Affairs
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Life and Retirement working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming our industry's employer of choice. AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the United States and a leader in today's financial services marketplace. We believe that our success depends on a world class team. If you would like to be part of this exciting organization, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work as a Paralegal in Houston, Texas.
In this challenging and dynamic role, you will have the opportunity to provide paralegal services to the Group Retirement business. You will work with a team of lawyers and other professionals who are responsible for legal support of Group Retirement's registered products, distribution-related matters, retirement plan operations matters, contract matters, regulatory exams, and multiple strategic projects.
This position reports directly to the Associate General Counsel, Group Retirement, within AIG Life & Retirement.
You will be working on all aspects of legal support of Group Retirement business. Examples of the work in which you will be involved include:
- Support the Legal Team with registration and maintenance of variable insurance products, including scheduling workflow, maintaining filing calendar, record keeping support, and preparing EDGAR submissions.
- Support federal examinations of the Group Retirement businesses.
- Support Legal Department efforts in connection with Group Retirement digital transformation projects, operations-focused initiatives, and other special projects.
- Assist with general contract review.
- Draft and/or edit correspondence, memoranda, reports, and perform legal research.
- Support federal/state legislation tracking impacting the Group Retirement business and related tasks, and special projects support.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 5 plus years of relevant industry and/or major law firm experience.
- Self-starter initiative with the ability to meet and exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task and remain flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proven problem-solving skills that demonstrate creativity and commitment to AIG core values of integrity, collaboration, and diversity of perspectives—critical to becoming our clients' most valued insurer.
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational, research and writing skills.
- Excellent project management skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with retirement or financial services desired but not required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including a high-level of proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.