Quality Control Analyst
SM - Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Exciting opportunity to join AIG for candidates who have:
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Well developed eye for details and ensuring quality
Highly skilled in managing multiple projects and tight deadlines
Preferred: Experience in Financial Services, Life and Annuities Industry
Project Management experience
The primary purpose of the job is to:
Ensure quality and correctness of all proposal responses that are submitted on VALIC's behalf.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Request For Proposal (RFP) Process
- Review RFP prior to RFP Review meeting to identify all RFP highlights (e.g. plan Demographics, product requests, contract terms, various specifications)
- Participate in RFP Review Meetings with the assigned Bid Analyst
- Review Bid Analysts call invite, list of invitees, RFP highlights and timeline
- Discuss noted items from RFP review
- Participate in RFP Strategy Call
- Review call summary for accuracy and additional information the writer may have missed
- Proof RFP internal drafts for voice and tone consistency, and to ensure continuation of VALIC's story throughout proposal.
- Create and Review production day checklist (e.g. all detailed RFP shipping and delivery instructions) to ensure quality, consistent and correct response delivery and appropriate requested exhibits responses
- Post RFP Submittal
- Debrief meetings with analysts after every RFP to access improvements, capture key edits and prevent bottlenecks.
- FOIA Requests and analysis
- Other Items
- Assist with process and procedures updates.
- Confirm on a weekly basis all Outlook folders, Xdrive folders, and Lotus Notes are up-to-date with completed cases (helps with auditing)
Job Experience and Background:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university (also known as undergraduate degree)
- Three to five years experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong command of grammar, spelling, and proper business English
- Superb and fast writer and editor who upholds the highest standards of the English language
- Proficiency Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Top writing skills must be a core competency
- Experience in project management with skills that include the ability to work in a team environment and manage multiple assignments in a high pressure, deadline driven environment
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Effective time management and prioritization skills are required
- Strong attention to detail and ability to apply strategic and critical thinking skills.
Some experience with retirement plans, annuities and mutual funds
FINRA licenses (e.g. series 6)
Experienced at professional editing and proof reading
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.