AS - Administrative Support
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
To perform administrative and project coordination tasks in support of both the Chief Operations and Product Officers for Life Insurance. Executive assistant must have advanced reporting skills, be proficient in creating exceptional presentations, and must be able to communicate effectively with leaders at all levels of management. Position is based in Brentwood, TN.
- Perform administrative and project-related tasks primarily for the Executive Vice Presidents (EVPs).
- Maintain/coordinate the calendar and/or meeting schedule of the EVPs and others.
- Handle all meeting logistics and preparation of meeting and conference materials.
- Coordinate complex, rapidly changing, travel arrangements, both domestic and international.
- Process and maintain timely expense reimbursement documentation.
- Preparation and maintenance of annual budgets for the department.
- Handle telephone calls concerning the department and initiatives, covering the telephone for the EVPs and, when necessary, for other employees in the department.
- Prepare and/or distribute reports, including tracking and reporting the status of department priorities. Integrate and synthesize information from multiple sources, using spreadsheets, charts, and/or graphics to communicate business intelligence.
- Work closely with EVPs to coordinate frequent presentations/speeches/announcements.
- Perform additional support functions as necessary.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years relevant administrative experience. Experience supporting senior management is strongly preferred.
- College degree preferred or high school with proven administrative assistant skills and at least three years' experience as an executive administrative assistant.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills and ability to manage multiple priorities independently. Ability to troubleshoot as necessary to achieve swift and accurate project results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Will have frequent communication with Senior Management and outside organizations/vendors/consultants. Must be professional, accurate and reliable. Excellent telephone skills are a must.
- Excellent logistical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional technical ability including proficiency in Word, Excel and advanced skills in PowerPoint, and Visio to assist with reporting.
- Occasional overtime will be required for timely project completion.
- Discretion in dealing with confidential data.
- Preferred background in financial services or insurance industry.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.