IT Standards & Practices Lead
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 50%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
The AIG Standards and Practices Senior Lead will report to the General Insurance Chief Technology Officer. This person will be the lead responsible for developing the end-to-end governance practices across IT, including developing controls and communities of practice. This person will demonstrate strong leadership qualities and can provide direction to large diverse technology and business teams.
- Serve as the lead and change maker for instituting IT governance across the enterprise
- Provide day-to-day leadership and overall responsibility for the coordination of Standards & Practices efforts
- Define “fit for purpose” governance model for technology delivery and technology on-boarding
- Lead automation effort focused on monitoring/reporting of control functions (i.e., Permit to Build/Operate)
- Improve asset management capability across all architecture disciplines
- Drive the development of IT communities of practice
- Develop and operate standards councils and align with CIO driven communities of practice
- Work with the Technology Leadership Team (TLT) and other IT leaders and teams to coordinate governance activities
- Lead strategic discussions with IT leadership on governance practices
- Identify issues, risks, and interdependencies between communities of practice and IT standards, and manage the resolution and integration points
- Maintain awareness of the overall IT strategy and direction
- Practice strategic thinking for the overall IT governance mission
- Build and maintain strong working relations with key leaders in the organization
- BA degree or equivalent; MBA a plus.
- Minimum 15+ years of professional experience
- Organizational and time management skills- Self-starter with strong organizational skills; Possesses skills to effectively plan and manage multiple priorities; uses time efficiently. Highly-experienced with project coordinating and management
- Communication skills - verbal communication is clear, professional and persuasive in positive and negative situations; Listens and gets clarification. Writes clearly, professionally and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs and communicates to appropriate audience
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well. Excellent team building and coaching skills. Can successfully organize and direct large teams of people. Energetic leader with a positive attitude and a go-getter drive. Ability to effectively interact with senior management
- Collaboration: Strong interpersonal skills and ability for productive collaboration across varying departments. Comfortable building relationships, internally and externally
- Strategic thinking: Creative and results-driven thinker and problem solver. Detail-oriented and data-driven. Business-minded and strategic planner
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient
- Comfortable in voicing his/her opinion and representing the viewpoints of others in a productive manner
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity, conflict and difficult situations
- Ability to deal with change in a pro-active and positive manner
- Able to think “outside the box.”
- Provides a credible, professional image for the Office of CIO
- Demonstrates lack of ego, able to be a facilitator with the executive team
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.