Underwriting Technician (Bilingual Spanish/English)
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
Travel Guard Group, Inc.
The Underwriting Technician analyzes, prepares and reviews written aspects of our travel insurance products for compliance and adherence. This will include creating fulfillment documents based on approved insurance forms, analyzing requests for new products against approved forms, and reviewing printed and electronic content which describes our products to ensure accuracy and compliance. The primary responsibilities include the following: Review printed materials before they are sent to Sourcing for printing, to ensure they are compliant and up to date. Mock up materials (marketingcertificates) and obtain the appropriate approvals as needed, as well as coordinate their creation and printing. Review and proof the work of others on the team, including documenting errors in accordance with department procedure. Maintain policy wording in fulfillment documents and other print and electronic resources. Provide answers to coverage interpretation questions, using policy wording, intent documents and previously recorded answers. Maintain procedures accurately in Underwriting Project Coordinator Manual. Track progress of projects in order to update management as needed, and coordinate adjustment of timeframes as workload changes. Offer guidance and assistance to other underwriting assistants. Analyze product requests submitted by Sales to determine how to best accommodate the request on a per-state basis. This task also involves decision making to determine which solution is best (as many times there are several solutions).
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- A minimum of 3 years of insurance or equivalent experience would be preferred. Travel insurance experience, a bonus!
- Must possess an understanding of Travel Insurance products, or a well-developed ability to learn the nuances of Travel Insurance coverage and details.
- Be able to work on multiple activities/projects concurrently.
- Must possess clear, concise and professional verbal and written communication abilities, including the ability to explain analysis results in a clear fashion to an audience with less technical knowledge of what you reviewed.
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to read fluently in Spanish and English required. - Must be proficient in all MS Office programs, especially MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to use markup tools in Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Experience with Quark Xpress or Indesign is a major plus.
- Must be able to function with a high degree of independent judgment.
- Must be able to take a broad directive and initiate the appropriate actions to lead to the successful end results.
This position may be located in Stevens Point, Wisconsin or Houston, Texas. Must be willing train in Wisconsin for a one month period.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.