IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The Visualization/Reporting Specialist - Data & Analytics is responsible for creating next generation dashboards & reports that support the strategic business decision making process. This role will develop, enhance, and maintain the dashboards and reporting capabilities that drive business decisions through the application of data analytics, joining disparate data sources this role will work to deliver valuable insights and recommendations to improve operational performance.
As a part of the Data & Analytics team this person will drive the enterprise reporting strategy and guide users through the visual transformation by showing them the Art of the possible via interactive and intuitive visual designs.
It is preferred that the candidate have skills/experience in analyzing and processing large data sets, familiarity with data structure, relational and non-relational databases, big-data concepts, cloud computing, open-source tools and data optimization techniques, excellent oral and written communication skills, client focus and the ability to support and enable teamwork. Must be self-motivated and able to operate independently but with a high degree of collaboration within IT and our Businesses
- Act as the liaison between Business and Development teams
- Create the next generations of dashboards using Tableau and Qlikview delivering data insights through best in class visualizations
- Conduct user interviews to understand and document current user data, insights and analytics needs
- Create next generation visual prototypes to validate user requirements
- Create interactive visualizations to allow users to ask and answer questions
- Assess and document current user skills and tools analysis
- Work with the Enterprise teams to evaluate the overall enterprise needs and formulate the visualizations to meet the needs of the enterprise
- Work with Enterprise Architect, Enterprise Data Architect to evaluate the skills, tools and training needs to support the future vision
- Develop compelling visual stories to effectively communicate meaningful insights from large data sets
- Build, maintain, and support rich and interactive graphical template repository
- Design, develop, and deploy data visualizations in Tableau
- Distill qualitative and quantitative insight to communicate compelling stories
- Create charts, graphs, infographics, dashboards, etc. to support knowledge acquisition and decision making
- Passionate about visualization and cultural transformation.
- Create, maintain and enhance reports developed in Cognos and other BI tools.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with strong background in data science, BI and Analytics.
- 5 years experience desired as a reporting and visualization specialist handling large and complex data sets.
- Experience in waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and take initiative. Ability to translate ideas and business requirements into business solutions.
- Experience with key reporting solutions including Cognos, Qlikview, Tableau and Power BI.
- Deep understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, noSQL storage, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate with management concisely and effectively.
- Articulate and bold with a friendly customer focused demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Life & Retirement or Annuities business a plus.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.