ETL Developer - Hadoop Ecosystem
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
ETL Developer - Hadoop Ecosystem
AIG is seeking a Big Data Hadoop ETL developer to become part of a team in designing, developing, and deploying ETL solutions in a big data platform for the IT Life, Health and Disability pillar of the organization. The candidate will be part of the Information Management team responsible for architecting and developing a Data Integration Hub enabling AIG to leverage data as an asset by providing a single authoritative view of the business, providing a layer of separation between our complex data sources and our data consumers; thereby, providing each data layer to evolve independently.
- Architect, design, construct, test, tune, and deploy ETL infrastructure based on the Hadoop ecosystem based technologies.
- Work closely with administrators, architects, and application teams to insure applications are performing well and within agreed upon SLAs.
- Work closely with Management and Data Scientist teams to achieve company business objectives.
- Collaborate with other technology teams and architects to define and develop solutions.
- Deploy ETL code that aligns with the ETL target state architecture standards and development standards.
- Research and experiment with emerging ETL technologies and tools related to Big Data.
- Contribute to the Big Data open source ecosystem.
- Work with the team to establish and reinforce disciplined software development, processes, standards, and error recovery procedures are deployed; ensuring a high degree of data quality.
- Maintain, tune, and support the ETL platform on a day-to-day basis to insure high availability.
- Experience within the Life Insurance industry space preferred.
- Excellent technical and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Proficiencies with Agile development practices.
- Experience with and strong understanding of Data Warehousing and Big Data Hadoop ecosystems.
- Experience translating functional and technical requirements into technical specifications and design.
- Knowledge and experience of ELT for Data Lake to ETL for the data servicing layer life cycle.
- Spark Development and AWS Development a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience in the IT Industry.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.