Agile Practice Execution Lead
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Agile Practice Execution Lead -Life & Retirement
The Agile Practice Execution Lead will report within Life & Retirement's Architecture and Software Modernization department. This role will be responsible for establishing Executive Agile coaching, , Scrum Team coaching, best practices & training. The will be responsible to establish a consistant Scrum operating model across L&R with consistant approaches to running scrum projects inclusive of common reporting and KPIs. A close partnership with General Insurance's Agile Practice team will be essential for success. The Agile Practice Execution Department will help to enable a culture of continuous improvement with the common goal to deliver valuable meaningful solutions rapidly with our business teams.
Accountable for the standardization of Agile across L&R and partnering with Agile CoP. Responsible to establish Executive coaching, Agile coaching and training for all agile roles needed to deliver. Responsible to provide dashboards and metrics offering insight and transparency of the SDLC processes. Tracks progress against KPIs and drive adoption and compliance with SAFe / Agile.
- Develops SAFe / Agile standards and practices for L&R / AIG
- Provides executive coaching and training
- Provides training and coaching for Product Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Scrum Teams
- Establishes SOP / Standard Operating Procedure for Agile (DoR, DoD, Pointing, etc.)
- Develops training, rollout approach and coaching for onboarding of existing and new Agile work teams to SAFe / Agile
- Conducts random spot checks of huddles and other scrum rituals to ensure teams have not reverted back to old patterns/habits
- Provides standard KPIs and Metrics to ensure and monitor success
- Provides training on new agile best practices and new release of SAFe Agile
- Facilliates training on Agile tools; JIRA, Confluence, Jira Portfolio, etc.
- Drive organizational change, in addition to agile best practices and capabilities within the teams and across L&R
• 12+ years technology, PMO, Large Program and/or Large Project execution experience, with at least 8+ years direct experience in Agile Transformation Delivery and Coaching
• Experience with Atlassian Suite of tools (Jira, Confluence, Jira Portfolio), Scrum, Kanban and Lean highly preferable
• Experience performing these roles in the insurance/financial services industry, in a multi-national organization highly preferable
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) SPC4 Certification, Scrum Master, Product Owner, Scrum Practitioner certifications highly preferable
• Knowledge of the software development life cycle
• Experience in Organizational Transformaiton / Large change initiatives
• Passionate about communication, group dynamics and coaching others
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills; Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.