Software Developer Sr.
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
This role is a hands-on design, development and engineering position, working with message based integration, front-end development and back end API creation and integration. The role will be accountable to design, develop and deliver business applications, APIs, platforms, portals and mobile applications. The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of solid development experience.
- Analysis and Design of Application Interfaces & Integration
- Analysis and Design of New Web and Mobile Applications & Refactoring existing code
- Development of Specified Designs & Delivery of Integrated Unit Testing
- Maturing a DevOps methodology & continuous focus on improvement
- Maturing of Design and Development practices (TDD, CI/CD etc.)
- Technical project leadership, focus on practical & effective Design & Development
- Training and Mentoring with Teammates continually looking to grow and mature the team
- Maturing the software engineering practice through creation and adoption of the latest best practices and standards
- Knowledge of various SDLC methodologies Agile, Iterative, Waterfall
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Hands on working knowledge with Microservices, Microsites and cloud native development experience
- Hands on experience with NodeJS, MVC.Net, .NetCore or Java - 5+ years
- Hands on working knowledge with NoSQL and/or Relational Databases - 5+ years
- Strong Object Oriented Analysis & Design experience - 5+ years
- Hands on working with Java Frameworks Spring, Spring Boot, or MVC.Net / .Net Core
- Experience or solid Knowledge of Mobile development for phones and tablets, Swift, Objective C, Java
- Knowledge of web services REST / SOAP (JSON, XML)
- Knowledge of Data modeling and or ETL/ELT / Talend - a plus
- Knowledge of Big Data toolsets - Cassandra, Hadoop, Yarn MapReduce, Spark, Sqoop - a plus
- Insurance knowledge - a plus
- Technical leadership to drive design and development tasks
- Strong communication and documentation skill
- Hands on troubleshooting/problem solving experience
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.