Quality Engineering Practice Lead
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Quality Engineering Practice Lead-Life & Retirement
The Quality Engineering Lead will report within Life & Retirement's Architecture and Software Modernization department. This role will be responsible for establishing Quality Egineering Practice, best practices, tooling and training needed to help team successfully implement a fully automated test bed. The team will also put in place KPIs and will tie the process into the Dev/Ops toolchain. A close partnership with General Insurance's Quaility Engineering team will be essential for success. The QE team will help to enable a culture of continuous improvement and drive a significant lift in our quality from enabling teams to successfully develop automated testing with the common goal to deliver high quality solutions rapidly with our business teams.
Accountable to drive the full automation of testing including the eventual elimination of UAT/manual sign-offs. Leverage tools and establish best practices and assist in the implementation of automated testing. Provide metrics and KPIs to drive coverage, quality and repeatability of testing through out the entire SDLC.
- Accountable to work with and train testing/QA teams to implement fully automated test cases providing the patterns and approach to follow for each project
- Works with Agile Coaches to train and coach project teams on the use of automation and transforms the culture to trust it
- Develop Metrics and KPIs for for test case coverage, pass/fails etc.
- Leverages Dev/Ops toolchain to build fully automated test scripts leveraging a verity of tools
- Facilitates training on automated testing tool suite
- Build and develop a team of Quality Engineering practitioners that become the go to for knwoeldge and assistance in implementing test automation
- Provide coaching and training to help teams, project and division get the most out of test automation
- Establishes Engagement model, SoP / Standard Operating Procedures for test automation
- Conducts random spot checks and monitor quality to test automations that have been created
- Provides standard KPIs and Metrics to ensure and monitor success
- Facilliates training on Quality Engineering tools; Selenium, SonarQube, Junit, BlazeMeter, etc.
- Drive organizational change, in addition to testing best practices and capabilities within the teams and across L&R
• 12+ years technology, Quailty Assuarnce/Testing, Large Program and/or Large Project execution experience, with at least 8+ years direct experience in Test Automation
• Experience with common Quaility Engineering tools: Quality Engineering tools; Selenium, SonarQube, Junit, BlazeMeter, etc.
• Experience performing these roles in the insurance/financial services industry, in a multi-national organization highly preferable
• Experience with Agile
• Experience with software development life cycle
• Experience in Organizational Transformaiton / Large change initiatives
• Passionate about communication, group dynamics and coaching others
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills; Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.