Principal Data Scientist
Responds to business questions using people data, advanced analytics, and data science techniques and tools. Works with multiple stakeholders to understand business challenges that can be resolved using analytics, in order to define, interpret, and clarify the scope of problems/issues identifying required data needs and analyses needed. Performs complex data analysis enabling stakeholders to make informed business decisions using Python, Hadoop, SQL, and R, and creates visualizations in tools such as d3.js or Tableau.
- Identifies and ingests new data sources (external/internal, API/warehouses) and performs feature engineering for integration into models.
- Performs predictive analytics, using traditional statistical or machine learning techniques where applicable.
- Creates interactive data visualizations for senior leaders.
- Uses natural language processing to structure unstructured text data, extract sentiment or topics.
- Provides technical leadership by helping to structure work, planning new analyses, and translating business questions into analytical projects.
- Performs both ad-hoc and in-depth analyses, and develops solutions to help augment the HR function.