GCC Service Manager
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Work and Lead one or more shifts in a 24x7x365 operational team, whose primary function is to drive outage calls, until the outage is resolved and fully documented. This includes managing one or more bridges and ensuring that all remediation teams are both engaged and focused on restoring service, provide updates throughout the event to business and senior management, and oversee all aspects of the remediation effort. The ability to multi-task and manage multiple outages are needed, along with a strong understanding of multiple disciplines (i.e.: Network, Servers, Mainframe, etc) is desirable.
- Manage outages, driving and coordinating calls, escalation and notifications to all senior and executive stakeholders across the firm.
- Bring the current environment up to a best-in-class operating model, cultivating and attracting junior staff, and ideally making Incident Management in the Americas a destination job.
- Helping to create business aligned support of Incidents, with experts in driving and resolving outages for our major lines of business across all platforms including Mainframe, Distributed, Network etc. and remediate these outages utilizing all means necessary including internal SME's, vendors, and business teams as needed.
- Continuous development & daily management of service quality focused on increasing customer satisfaction via reduced Meantime to Restore Service, increased data quality and comprehensive notification.
- Manage relationships with senior global business and technology management as well as other team members.
- Strong interpersonal & relationship skills, ability to develop others, and general leadership qualities.
- Continually review and assist in ensuring all processes and procedures are in compliance with corporate guidelines with senior Incident Process teams globally.
- Proactively identify opportunities for service improvements.
- Maintain industry best practice framework, process, and tool knowledge.
- Growth in technical, business, leadership, and interpersonal skills year over year, including increased certifications around ITIL and other internal and industry-recognized Service Management disciplines.
- Interact with other Production Assurance teams in other sectors to help drive outages and service improvements.
- 3-5 year's managerial experience
- 7-10 year's technical experience
- Strong ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure environment.
- Other duties as required.
Specifics about the position:
This role is a Shift Work Schedule as follows:
- Alternating Wednesdays
- 6AM to 6PM
This position is eligible for a 5% shift differential
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.