Vice President - Workouts/Restructuring
IN - Investment
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG ASSET MANANGEMENT US LLC
This position provides restructuring, bankruptcy, and recovery advice to both public and private analysts across various asset classes in AIG Investments and will also have full portfolio management responsibilities for certain distressed securities.
This position will report to the Head of Direct Originations and Workout. Primary interactions will be with the research analysts and portfolio managers across AIG Investments, the registered investment advisor for the AIG insurance companies. This will include, but not be limited to, working with members of the public bond group, private placement group, and municipal finance group. This position will also interact extensively with members of Enterprise Risk Management and with the Private Placement Investment committee.
- Serve as an in-house advisor to the public bond and private placement analysts in deteriorating financial situations.
- Analyze both private and public companies and develop recovery analyses for secured and unsecured investments taking into account potential bankruptcy issues.
- Assume portfolio management responsibility for a group of investments that have been officially transferred to the Workout group. This includes updating monthly pricing and management reports, spreading and analyzing financial statements, and creating financial sensitivity models.
- Work with both internal legal counsel, outside legal counsel, and external financial advisors in developing restructuring strategy and negotiating positions. Be able to communicate those positions clearly and have basic negotiation skills.
- Mentor and help train junior analysts, including developing financial models for base case, upside, and downside scenarios.
- Assist AIG's litigation department on an as needed basis.
- May also be called upon to assist private placement marketing officers in screening prospects and performing industry analyses, and assisting private placement buy- side analysts with credit support/analysis.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- A minimum of three to five years of restructuring/workout experience, including the ability to develop recovery and liquidation models and scenarios for stressed and distressed situations for private placements and high yield bonds.
- Experience in restructuring loans and/or securities and have working knowledge and familiarity with bankruptcy proceedings and bankruptcy law.
- Experience with both secured and unsecured transactions across multiple industries is required.
- Excellent analytic skills, including the ability to create financial and valuation models.
- Ability to communicate clearly (both written and verbal) and negotiate with senior management teams and financial advisory groups.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various groups within AIG.
- Willingness to travel when necessary.
- MBA and/or CFA highly desirable.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.