Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
As a senior member of the MMLIS Strategic Initiatives and Improvement (SII) team, this individual will work across the BD organization to help prioritize, create and implement change. As an advocate for the business, they represent Operations in a variety of projects. The SII team helps create solutions based on operational capacity, efficiency and capabilities. The individuals in this role will work with partners across the broader organization to formulate and define business and/or systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable industry requirements. Provide analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper business and/or system requirements. They will serves as a mentor and advise less-experienced Business Analysts. This individual must be competent to work at the highest technical level through most phases of business and/or systems analysis while considering the business implications to the current and future environment.
- Perform requirement management planning for medium to large scale projects
- Leads business analysis across multiple parallel initiatives
- Gathering and documentation of functional and non-functional requirements
- Facilitate and drive requirements gathering sessions
- Collaborate with business partners and systems experts
- Lead analysis of business processes, procedures, data and rules
- Ensure project implementation is successful with communication, testing support
- Negotiate and influence requirements direction
- Mentor other business analysts
- Drive continuous process improvement and increase operations efficiency
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and internal supervisory control procedures
- Lead associates through a changing environment while maintaining focus on the overall strategy
- Support the implementation of MMLIS’s strategic initiatives
- FINRA Series 7 required
- Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects that have short to medium-term focus
- Works with guidance on more complex projects
- Capable of applying knowledge to handle all but the most complex problems independently
- Anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts
- Ability to work across the organization with partners at all levels
- Looks for and finds ways to improve operations
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- FINRA Series 24 preferred, needs to be obtained within 90 days of employment
- Individual typically has at least 5-7 years of experience in business analysis, project or operations management or related fields
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.