Active Trader Service Specialist
E*TRADE is a leading financial services company and a pioneer in the online brokerage industry. Having executed the first-ever electronic trade by an individual investor more than 30 years ago, the company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions for individual investors and stock participants. Founded on the principle of innovation and determined to level the playing field for individual investors, E*TRADE delivers digital platforms, tools, and professional assistance to help investors and traders meet their near-and long-term investing goals. The Company provides these services both online and through its network of customer service representatives and financial consultants – over the phone at two national branches and in-person at 30 E*TRADE branches.
The E*TRADE Active Trader Services Team focuses specifically on servicing and supporting the E*TRADE Active Trader segment of our client base. Active clients trade regularly and are generally more sophisticated in terms of trading strategies, margin treatment, and overall breadth of market knowledge.
An E*TRADE Active Trader Services Team Specialist must have a unique combination of a comprehensive trading knowledge and a commitment to the highest levels of service to effectively respond and deliver for the E*Trade Active Trader client segment.
The primary focus of this role is to facilitate the trading activity of the Active Trader client and support specific inquiries and issues centering on areas of trading, margin, and risk. The expectation is to maintain and manage the existing client relationships and provide a focused and dependable resource to this most active client base. Providing timely, accurate, and informative answers is essential and an overall sense of relative urgency is paramount.
Candidates for the Active Trader Services Team must be well rounded, client-centric individuals capable of working effectively in a team environment. Extensive trade-related knowledge and a working knowledge of margin requirements and treatment are essential. Complete understanding of position/risk management, expiration process and procedure, and option theory are essentials.
• Minimum 2 years brokerage experience required
• Series 7 and 63/66 licenses required, Series 3 and/or 4 preferred
• Thorough understanding of the securities industry with a particular emphasis on options trading
• Proven background in trading-focused role with extensive knowledge of margin treatment and risk management
• Prior experience in customer-facing areas of brokerage industry preferred
• Outstanding oral, written, and inter-personal communication skills
• Dedication to exceeding expectations of clients
• Ability to work independently and utilize decision-making skills in a fast-paced environment to address and resolve client issues
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to readily handle multiple tasks effectively
• Strong work ethic, extraordinary interpersonal skills, and team orientation
• High performance and integrity levels with proven experience as a strong team player