UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Property Casualty Company
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with AIG.
AIG is seeking highly motivated individuals that would like to become a part of a successful Foreign Casualty team focused on Defense Base Act Insurance in the Mid-Atlantic (Phila) Region.
As an Underwriter, the candidate will be responsible for underwriting small to mid sized Defense Base Act Submissions.
This position reports to the Casualty Manager and will work internally and externally with claims, home office, Insured's and brokers.
• Underwrite a profitable book of Defense Base Act business
• Responsible for the entirety of the account's life cycle, including securing submissions, analyzing exposures, and servicing the underwriting file.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the analysis and evaluation of the risk.
• Maintenance and service of an assigned renewal portfolio as well as the attainment of new business.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 1-3 years of commercial insurance experience. Prior experience with Defense Base Act insurance is a plus but is not required.
• Experience underwriting domestic workers compensation is also beneficial.
• Ability to interact with insurance brokers and clients.
• Strong computer skills including Excel.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be able to meet deadlines.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
AIG reserves the right to conduct a criminal background check, tailored to the requirements of a job, after a conditional employment offer is made. Unless otherwise required by law, AIG does not automatically exclude any applicant with a criminal conviction for a job or class or jobs. For more information about Philadelphia law specifically, copy and paste the following link within your browser: http://www.phila.gov/HumanRelations/PDF/BTB%20POSTER%20FINAL_3-9-16.pdf