SC - Sales Commission
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Regional Director (RD) - This is a sales position that will call on Dedicated Life Consultants (DLC's) serving three distribution companies within Edward Jones (Saybrus, Prudential Distributors and Protective Distributors).
Reporting to the Divisional Vice President of the Insured Solutions Group, this position's primary focus is on business development, sales support, product positioning, marketing strategies, planning, research, illustration, case management and problem solving.
- The RD is responsible for developing regional business plans that achieve and exceed sales targets for their assigned territory.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with DLC's from the distribution companies in order to establish and achieve sales targets.
- Establish a travel schedule to best support DLC's. Proactively sets own sales meetings and prepare agendas in advance (going in with a purpose).
- Keeps an ethical and compliant region based on company and regulatory standards.
- Conducts regular internal training with the three distribution companies. Assess if they are meeting the needs and adjusting to the objectivity that EDJ requires.
- Operates the region on a cost effective basis within budget as determined by the company.
- Leads training, webcasts, 1:1 face to meetings and conference calls with their assigned DLC's.
- Serves as the initial contact for problem resolution. Researches accounts and/or elevates issues to solve problems.
- Actively manages informal/formal applications to maximize placement and production.
- Continuously analyzes relationships to assess market changes or trends and provide input for potential revisions with business plans with DVP.
- Works on a collaborative basis with the DVP to prioritize responsibilities in order to achieve highest sales results.
- Reports sales activity and production into Salesforce as required.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge on industry trends, UW regulations, advanced marketing concepts and company products.
- Maintains successful relationships with internal clients including but not limited to Marketing, Compliance, Underwriting and Operations.
- Leverages the Company's expertise by working effectively with areas such as Product Development, Competition & Research, Advanced Sales, etc.
- Works through underwriting and case management challenges.
- Travels 25-30% of the time.
- Expert knowledge of Life Insurance, Life and Annuity products and familiarity with Advanced Sales concepts.
- Minimum 5 years in life insurance business.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must be able to apply sound discretion and judgment abilities.
- Strong listening skills required.
- Requires a demonstrated record of initiative, leadership, problem-solving and adaptability
- Excellent public speaking with the ability to plan, organize, develop and deliver effective presentations to a targeted audience with 5 + years of life insurance products.
- FINRA Series 6, 63 and state life and health licenses.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
AIG reserves the right to conduct a criminal background check, tailored to the requirements of a job, after a conditional employment offer is made. Unless otherwise required by law, AIG does not automatically exclude any applicant with a criminal conviction for a job or class or jobs. For more information about Philadelphia law specifically, copy and paste the following link within your browser: http://www.phila.gov/HumanRelations/PDF/BTB%20POSTER%20FINAL_3-9-16.pdf